Foolish

{ Remember, at this point, Our babies are all 18-19 W/ flashbacks of before included. }

Thoughts are italics in quotations = 'Example'

Flashbacks are in italics = Example

Word count : 6763

A/N: EEEK It's been a minute for this one. I hope it's alright.

 Foolish

(f/n)'s eyes were trained on the doorway, a worried glance shot towards the entrance of the manor as she continued to stand in wait, hoping the double doors would soon open to reveal the dark-haired young gentleman that lured her heart so far deep into the tenderness, that it was trapped there.

Her duties went on completed but throughout the entire time, she couldn't help but keep going back by the entrance of the estate, distressed.

She practically made circles, each round seeming to wear down the strength she had to cover up the desperation that lay beneath the placid expression she wore until she was left with a completely readable face that cried of unease.

'He's been gone since morning...' she started, ' and soon, the sun will set,' she added anxiously, well aware that while he had grown more, and she was certain that he would take care of himself, danger could always find its way to him.

He was too kind.

- Too trusting, and even if he'd been strong enough to defend himself more, his heart was always soft.

'Jonathan,' She then thought while swallowing down thickly, ' I hope you are well,' she added with wholehearted regard that stemmed from true, dutiful affection.

' it's not like you to stray so far from home, much less during such hours,' she went on.

'And for such long periods,' she went on.

'You've been gone the entire day,' (f/n) then added, 'Just like yesterday,' she added with a strange, wired coil wrapped around her bouncing heart, the tightness of it almost unbearable.

"and the day before..." she murmured to herself.

What was keeping him so preoccupied...so far from home?

Something felt wrong.

Something felt like there was impending doom was right ahead, waiting in the corner like a ghastly fiend that hoped to consume her whole.

In all of her wondering, she didn't notice the steps that trailed from behind her, mirroring hers and that stopped only inches away.

Quiet as always and tranquil as an unrippled pond on the coolest night, towering blonde approached her and loomed behind her, his posture changing as he decided to come even closer by leaning down.

A warm, soft breath then tickled her cheek as he teasingly blew a puff of breath her way and with a startled jump, she came out of her daze, quickly bouncing back with a little squeal that was that of a naughty mouse caught in the kitchen, assaulted with a large broom.

"Do tell," the adopted Joestar started, " that face of concern... that wide-eyed glance... it means something, Doesn't it?" he murmured as he watched the said face melt back onto her features after the sudden startle he'd given her wore down.