chapter 76

I D O

nirah joy valentino (present)

nirah joy valentino
(present)

"You... lied to me?" I softly ask, sitting down on our bed in the house that he had owned. He even had a house here. "All this time you've been lying to me?"

He sits across from me - on a chair with his elbows on his knees - and doesn't look up at me. "Yes," he coldly says.

"And you didn't think to tell me the truth," I scoff, shaking my head.

"Nirah, I know you're mad-"

"I'm not mad I'm hurt!" I quickly interrupt him. "Learn the difference- how could you?" I ask in disbelief. "I thought- I thought you loved me but," I shake my head, looking at him but still he doesn't look at me.

"I do love you-"

"No you don't, Antonio! You don't lie to someone you love like this. You don't fuck with their lives and pretend like you had nothing to do with it..."

His eyes were everywhere except on me.

"It's different now-"

"Is that supposed to make everything okay? Because you changed your mind?"

"No, of course not- but-"

"Would you look at me?" I ask and he keeps his eyes fixed in the corner of the room. I scoff in disbelief, getting up.

Taking his face in my hand, I force him to look at me. "You hurt me. You lied about why you were at my house, about our relationship, about who you were and now you can't even look at me?"

"Do you think I want to see you like this?" he asks - standing up - and my hand immediately drops from his face. "I don't want to see the redness in your eyes or the tears roll down your face!"

I place my hand on his shoulder, forcing him back down so that he stays seated. "Don't try to intimidate me with your figure," I hurtfully warn and he doesn't move, turning his head towards the window.

"Maybe if you had told me the truth, I wouldn't-"

"Yes you would have. You would have hated me," he immediately cuts me off.

I bite down onto my quivering bottom lip, slightly tilting my head to the side.

Would I have hated him...

He pulls me onto his lap by my waist and holds me in place.

"I drove your father out of your life and already set your future in stone, Nirah, so no matter what you say now... I know, that you would've hated me."

"Were you ever planning on telling me the truth or were you just going to wait until you fucked me, married me, knocked me up and then suddenly drop the bomb?" I ask, holding back tears.