Chapter 76. Seventh Year One ☾

A/N: How are you all doing?

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

"Moony, why are you trying to put a bow in her hair?" Sirius asked, scowling as he entered Siria's nursery.

"She's a girl, Sirius," Remus said, trying to center the sparkly clip. "That's what they wear." He grimaced. "Besides, the last time I took her on a walk, someone mentioned what a beautiful baby boy she was."

"But where'd you get it?"

"I got it for her," Regulus said, leaning against the door jam. "The lady in that grocery shop down the way said it was a good one."

"What are you doing out?" Sirius asked, eyes widening. "Everyone's supposed to think you're dead." He scowled. "And what are you doing buying her things? That's my job."

Regulus rolled his eyes and sighed. "It's the parent's job to raise the child. It's the uncle's job to spoil them."

"This girl has got too many uncles and not enough fathers," Draco said, shaking his head.

"You're one to talk," Sirius said, glaring. "You're the worst offender. You got her an entire play potions kit…cauldron and fake fire included."

"She has to learn young. Just like I did."

"I just want to see what happens when she hits puberty," Harry said, sitting in the rocking chair. "None of us are girls."

"Do we count Dora as a girl?" Draco asked, brow furrowed.

"Well, of course. She's a girl."

"Well, there you go! There's our girl."

"Yes," Sirius said, grabbing his daughter from the doting werewolf. "But she's not raising my child."

"No, that's my job," Remus said, glaring. "Exclusively."

"Not necessarily true."

"Who put her to bed the past five nights?"

"Well, it's not like you have any pressing plans since Annie broke up with you last week."

"Low blow, Black," Regulus said, playfully glaring at his older brother.

"Remind me again how you're still alive," Harry said, brow furrowed. "Last time, you were definitely dead."

"Not true, scarhead," Draco said, arms crossed. "You just didn't Accio him out of the lake."

"I didn't know he existed at that point."

"Enough," Remus said, standing in-between the two time travelers. "Harry, Severus has explained this three times now. He was pulled into the lake, which had a stasis charm on it. Originally meant to keep the inferi from deteriorating, it in fact had a similar effect as cryogenics would on a recently deceased body."

"But that only explains why he was in pristine condition," Draco said, head cocked to the side. "It says nothing as to why he was in an alive condition."

"He drowned and swallowed some of the water," Sirius said, rocking Siria, "effectively placing his entire body under a stasis spell."

"In normal person terms," Regulus held up his hands and struck a pose, "ta da!"

"And people say I'm the drama queen of the family."

"I think you all tie for first place," Remus said, folding Siria's blankets back. He jumped when a cellphone began to ring.

"Nope, not mine," Sirius said, cleaning Siria's mouth from the bout of spit up she'd just had.

"What is that?" Regulus asked, eyes surveying the room for the source of the noise.