Chapter Twelve: It's...Warm

As Hinata cleaned her house, she completely forgot about the stranger that was currently hiding himself in her guest room. He was hard to approach and he refused to talk too much, but Hinata didn't mind. It wasn't until the bedroom door opened again did she realize that she wasn't exactly alone in her home.

Sasuke's quiet footsteps almost went undetected as he walked back into the living room with his coat in his arms. He nearly startled the poor woman as he peeked into the kitchen where she sat drinking some tea.

"If you're ready to go..." His voice trailed off, not knowing how to proceed with his question.

"Ah, one moment!" Hinata placed her mug down and washed her hands, immediately going to her room to put on some long pants and a thick sweater.

As they were standing in the foyer, Hinata putting on her jacket and scarf, she took notice of his thin clothing.

"Are you okay like that? I have some pants you can wear and a bigger jacket." She offered.

Sasuke shook his head, "no, I'm alright, thanks."

"I see." She nodded.

The cold and icy wind greeted them as soon as the door was opened. Taking a step into the thick snow, their shoes sunk lower as they walked from the door to the open street. Sasuke shivered slightly, regretting his denial for help as they walked further. It was getting colder and there was only so much his thin jacket could do.

As his ears turned pink and his face became numb, he was partially grateful when Hinata signalled their arrival at the place she had found him. There was nothing out of the ordinary, except for the piling snow, and there were no clues to help Sasuke learn how he managed to travel across the globe without realizing.

"Can you give me a moment?" He turned to her, "you can head back home. Thanks for helping me." He spoke, his voice shook as the wind blew harder.

Hinata nodded her head, "you're welcome. I hope you find what you're looking for." She offered him a smile and turned back to make the long trek back home in the falling snow.

Sasuke watched her leave and turned back to the empty street. He looked up in the sky and frowned, the usual blue was nothing but grey. The sun was hidden behind thick clouds bursting with even more snow. He didn't know how long he stood there for but his hands were starting to tingle and his pants were getting soaked from the melting snow.

He looked back on the road, expecting to see one thing to indicate that this was all a dream, that the welcoming atmosphere he felt as he sat in a stranger's house was simply his mind playing tricks on him.

Turning back around to the sidewalk, he froze when he realized that he didn't have anywhere to go. He didn't want to bother the woman again but he didn't exactly know his way around nor did he have any money to stay at a motel.

Sasuke grumbled as he looked for their previous footprints in the snow, thanking the heavens that they weren't completely covered yet. He followed them back in the direction he hoped was Hinata's house. It didn't take him long to get there, and as he stood in front of her door again, he contemplated leaving and making his way around alone.

Hinata had changed back into her warm clothes after taking a much needed shower to get rid of the cold feeling that froze her insides. She warmed up her unfinished tea and drank it contently, happy to be away from all the cold and back at home.

Her thoughts went back to the dark haired male that she had left standing in the middle of the street. She frowned, hoping he was okay and that the cold wasn't getting to him much. She took a peek out of the kitchen window, noticing that the snow was still falling but it seemed to be slowing down ever so slightly.