Ghost Camera

*Day 5, Friday*

Your first week at work had gone great, you had already grown closer to the whole team, and your crush on Holtzmann had continued to grow, although you hoped that part wasn't noticeable.

You're sitting in the lab with Holtz, she's working on one of her inventions and you're updating the Ghostbusters social medias, posting the pictures you had taken earlier in the week. The rest of the team is off doing errands.

"You've inspired me," Holtz says, suddenly appearing beside you. She's holding what looks to be an oddly shaped camera.

"Holtz, what is that?" you ask her.

"A camera made for blasting ghosts!" Holtzmann says, proudly, "In case you're ever with us on a ghost bust, I wanted to make you your own gear. You aim the camera at the spector, press this top button, and the device should emit a flash that paralyzes the ghost long enough for us to capture or blast the sucker!"

"That's sounds really great! Is it safe though?" you ask cautiously. 

"It should be. Wanna go find out?" 

Before you can answer, Jillian grabs your arm and pulls you off your stool and towards the door to the testing area.

Once in the test lab, Jillian secures the camera strap around your neck and hands you the device, still standing awfully close to you, she starts explaining how to use it, "All you have to do is aim and click this button right here." She points to the button that looks like a normal photo capture button. "Got it?"

"Sounds good." In reality, you had no idea whether or not this 'ghost camera' was safe, but you found it impossible to say no to the lovely Jillian Holtzmann.

Holtzmann takes a few steps back and points to your target, a fake ghost that looked like a Halloween decoration on the far end of the room. This test wouldn't measure the device's ability to work on real ghosts, but it will test out whether or not it's actually safe for you to use. While Holtz really was a genius, her inventions aren't always the safest at first.

"Have at it!" Holtz says. 

You position the camera like you're going to photograph the ghost, steady yourself, and press the button. The camera emits an incredibly bright and powerful flash which somehow sends you flying backwards, slamming you into the wall behind you. Holtzmann immediately runs up to you as you fall from the wall to your butt, holding your head in pain.

"Y/N, oh my god, are you okay?" she asks you, crouching next to you. "I am so sorry, I had no idea that blast would be so powerful, I mean it was pretty dope but that's not the point right now. Are you alright?"

"I think so," you say, still looking at the ground and feeling the searing pain caused by your head hitting the wall.

Holtz takes your chin in her hand and makes you look up at her, "Hey, hey, please be okay. Can I get you an ice pack? Or Advil? You can hit me in the head too so we're even."

"Holtz, Holtzy, it's okay, I'm not going to hit you, I will take you up on that ice pack offer though," you respond, trying to ignore how good it feels for her to be touching you.

She smiles and takes your hand to help you up, "Yaknow, that's the first time you've ever called me Holtzy."

"So it is," you say as she leads you to the break/living room.

"I like it," Holtz says, she sits you down on the couch, "I'm going to grab you an ice pack, I'll be right back."

You adjust yourself on the couch so there's room for her to sit next to you. There's just something about her that makes you want to constantly be in her presence, soaking in every bit of her. Everytime she touched you or stood close to you (which was pretty often, Jillian has little to no boundaries when it comes to personal space), you could feel your heart beat speed up. You desperately wanted to know what it's like to share a kiss, or a date, or a bed with the enchanting Dr. Jillian Holtzmann. 

Less than a minute later, Holtzy comes back with an ice pack, a glass of water, and a blanket. She places the water on the table next to you and the blanket across your lap, she then does a silly bow to hand you the ice pack, "For you, m'lady."

You giggle and play along, "Why thank you, kind sir."

Holtz laughs and sits on the opposite end of the couch, she then pats her lap, inviting you to lay your head in her lap. You nervously place your head in her lap and place the ice pack where you hit your head.

"Cartoons?" Holtz asks, grabbing the remote from a side table. You nod silently. Holtz turns on the remake of Ducktales, it's become one of her favorite shows. Her favorites being Gyro, Webby, and Della of course. As the show goes on, Holtzmann starts mindlessly stroking your hair. You adore when people play with your hair, and now here you are, laying in Holtzy's lap while she strokes your hair, even though your head is still hurting, you feel like you're in heaven. Holtz's touch feels amazing, you have to stop yourself from cuddling into her even more. 

After the first episode ends, Holtz takes the ice pack off of your head, "20 minutes on, 20 minutes off. How's your head?"

"It's getting better," you say, looking up at Holtz, "This is helping,, you're helping."

Holtz smiles, then bends down and kisses you on the forehead, "Good."

You blush and Holtzy goes back to stroking your hair as the next episode plays. This time, you let your exhaustion and pain get the best of you and cuddle deeper into Holtzmann, letting out a content sigh as you do.

The next thing you hear is Patty's voice calling you, "Y/N, Holtzy, wake uppp," Patty sings.