Part 22: A Witch

A new day and the sun is piercing through the window, a blazing light shines Beidou that she's awake because of it. She then sees to her right that Ningguang is hugging her the whole night. She caresses Ningguang's cheek and plays with her hair. 

"You even look beautiful sleeping.", said Beidou with a smile on her face as she leans in to kiss Ningguang's forehead. 

Ningguang then also wakes up, squinting her eyes and the first thing that she sees is Beidou. She smiles immediately and cupped Beidou's face. "I heard that...", said her as she pulls Beidou to kiss her. 

They're kissing and cuddling for a while until they realize that the sun is already high and they should get going with her day. Then, they hear a haste knock on the door. They're already awake and freshened up for a while, getting ready for the day. 

"Ms. Ningguang, Ms. Beidou, we need to talk right now.", said Jean from outside the room. 

Both Ningguang and Beidou are surprised then Beidou opens the door, "Good morning, Ms. Jean, what is it that you need to talk about?", asked Beidou. 

"This is quite an alarm information that one of my guards informs me that Signora will be arriving at the city today. If I would guess then she's after you two.", said Jean seriously. 

Beidou nods, "I know that woman will come sooner or later."

"What are we going to do, Beidou? We can't go to Liyue for now.", said Ningguang worriedly. 

"Even if we run to the end of Tevyat, she will still be after us. Be it, then let us confront her.", said Beidou firmly. 

"B-But, Beidou wouldn't it be too dangerous? I-I don't want you to get hurt again," said Ningguang as she holds Beidou's hand. 

"My lady, I promise that I will keep you safe and come back to your arms.", said Beidou as she picks up her walkie-talkie. 

"Keqing, you there?", asked Beidou. 

"I'm here, Captain. Do you need back up?", asked Keqing as she seems to already know the strategy. 

"Yes, also bring Chongyun, Xingqiu, and Yanfei as another backup. You and Ganyu will show up first and if anything happens to me or Ningguang, they should help us and ambush them.", ordered Beidou. 

"Roger, captain we will head to Mondstadt now. Good luck, Captain", said Keqing as she runs to tell the others about the order. 

"That's for now. Also, Ms. Jean, I would suggest that you shouldn't be involved in this confrontation. I'm sure that you already know why.", said Beidou as she looks at Jean. 

"B-but... very well, but my guards will not back down if you need help.", said Jean as she excuses herself from the room. 

"Beidou, how does Signora knows that we're here? Did someone spy on us for the last few days?", asked Ningguang. 

"That's possible, but they only just know that we're here when we finally go out and strolling the city, not when I was hurt.", said Beidou. 

Beidou then checks her bandage on her chest and abdomen, it still stings a bit, but with a pain killer for the day she thinks that she can manage. 

"Beidou, do you think that this is alright?", asked Ningguang worriedly as she hugs Beidou. 

"My Ningguang, I would never let that woman take control of me anymore or worse, hurt you like before. I have to do this.", said Beidou as she hugs Ningguang back and closes her eyes. 

"Promise me that you have to stay hidden. Yanfei will be with you when I confront Signora.", said Beidou as she then kisses her Lady's lips. They kiss for a while and then Beidou runs through the door and goes her way to the statue of Barbatos carrying her claymore. This will get serious after all.