Reconnection

The work yesterday went well. It was nothing exciting to sort Christoffs tools but at least it kept you from dieing of boredom.
You think about finally being able to go home after today, since you now adjusted at least semi well and could be left unsupervised. However, you wanted to talk to the director himself about this all, you werent going to lie when you said that you missed his company. You would go in now but seeing how angry he was last time you interrupted him, even for a valid reason, its a bad idea. So you should wait after work hours. 

Oh well, You had a card to access most of the science tower besides the classified areas and...honestly you dont want to set even a foot near Dr Crackpots sector, not only because of him, but of his...zombie...experiement things, called Zeds if you recalled correctly. 
You havent been walking into other sectors as much, fearing much that you would get lost and ask for help from one of the guards roaming the place. Quiet frankly you couldnt understand them very well, you do not speak medieval shakespearean english....yeah long story why actual knights are guards in this tower.

God you were BORED. Christoff got a day off for some reason so you cannot help anyone. You were thinking about just sitting in the cafeteria until the day was over and you were able to get both dismissed and get to see the god emperor. Something has been off in this Tower for quiet a while now, and you do not mean the dissonance, the air in here is....tense. Tenser than usual actually.  Maybe you arent the only one who needed someone to talk. The Director may not have exactly space to talk about problems either, or so you assumed, since he was extremely busy, from the day he had laid his eye upon you he was always only there for a few minutes before returning to work. You may have not been a workaholic but maybe he was, you wouldnt know.

But theres good news, you got past the Nexian Firewall so you could see ALOT more content online. You actually could see the live outside Nevada now which you wish you hadnt, its even worse than here, seems like Nevada is one of the calmest states...whiiich means you were living in an Oasis in comparision, somewhat scared you honestly. Well on the other hand it means you were living in relative safety, you even looked at some reports coming from Nevada Central...vampires huh? you thought those were fictional, but appearantly not, zombies, vampires, whats next. Werewolves? You werent going to participate in the debate which is better if they turned out to exist, in fiction both vampires and werewolves are great. However ...real life? You...werent so sure. Appearantly a new company was opening in the city too, Annex or something like that. Well, you had your job...even though it costed your life to work here....literally.

It wasnt long until you were the only one in the cafeteria as everyone else was working, might as well take a nap while you wait, you got nothing better to do afterall. 

Turns out a nap turned into deep sleep as you only woke up once you got shooken a bit by someone. You lift your head groggily and slowly, your vision still blurry, you only jumped when you recognized who it really was who woke you
"DIRECTOR!" You yelled out in suprise to which he just looked at you confused "I...did not expect you to wake me, I thought you had to work" you added as you noticed his confused expression, yet that only made his confusion grow
"My shift is over Y/N." he commented. To which you also became confused however, a quick look outside a window made your confusion fade, it was pitchblack.
"Oh. I didnt know i have slept that long." You admitted
"Must have been a pretty deep slumber then hm?" he commented, offering you a claw to help you up, which you took
"Yeah seems to be that way. Didnt expect that" you semi laughed out.
"Now. I have heard that you wanted to talk to me." He started to walk, motioning you to follow
"From who?" You questioned, You mean. He was right but who told him.
"A certain Scientist did." The god emperor replied.
It couldnt really have been Crackpot. You know his game by now, you would have known if he would have been there, maybe Christoff? "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell. Yeah, things have been a little...hectic. This entire "imprinting" thing. Dissonance and all. I just feel...lost." you admitted "I dont know who to trust anymore." 
"I understand your mistrust. Afterall death and rebirth does not sound to pleasant to experience." He wasnt one to comfort someone, yet he at least tried to be understanding of it.
"Its not only that but i only get some...half truths from others." You continued to rant
"Have you talked to Crackpot a little more besides the electrical fixing? As..he is one to only say partial truths." the emperor admitted.
"I just dont feel save anylonger, I havent in a long time, its as if there is tension, as if we are before an imploding volcano or something." You continued, barely taking breaks to breathe.
The Director seemed to notice that behavior. He squeezed your hand and made you face him.
"Y/N Look at me. Focus on me. It will be alright, I wont let anything happen to you. I have saved you from death have I not? I could not prevent death but i have saved you. I can do that again if the situation calls for it, I wont let anything happen to you and if something happens to you, I will be there, alright?" He tried to calm you down, reassure you that it will be alright, repeating it multiple times so he makes sure you understand
"I know but its still scary." You said
"It may be. The Science Tower is an intimidating place, I know that. However, I make sure that it stays somewhat save." He still saw that you were somewhat puzzled and anxious after this. he was contemplating, thinking about what he was about to say being worth it, in the end he just sighed "If you need a place to calm down at, you may search for me. HOWEVER! Know that I do not have the time to focus on you completely as I am busy during work"
"You have been really busy havent you?" You commented, it was more of a muttering
"Indeed, I have decided to move along with a certain project and have not had the time to cool down." He replied, deciding not to rant dump at you when you are in this state
"Is this why tensions are so high?" you questioned
"I suppose so. However that is a topic for another time is it not? How about we go to my office and wait until you calm down hm?" He suggested to which you took him up on that offer.

While you did not any answers to whats been on his mind, you supposed him saying it was a topic for another day meant that he would probably give you answers eventually. Everything that mattered to you right now is that the two of you have reunited after a while, you missed his company afterall.