Feel the Music

Just when I was about to leave, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see the cute guy smiling from ear to ear.

He stuck his hand out and said," Hello my name is Justin Chase."

I shook his hand and replied," I'm Hope McKnight."

I had to try not to stutter with my words because he was really cute and I didn't want to embarrass myself.

"So," Justin started," You wrote that song?" I smiled," Yes I did."

He smiled and said,"It was beautiful and deep. I just thought you should know that."

I smiled. Did the cute guy just compliment me? " Thank you I worked really hard on writing that song."

I did...like 5 hours. I couldn't find anything to write about. And then when I looked at the clock in the kitchen, I remembered the metaphor 'time is a thief' and then ideas and lyrics started coming off the pencil and onto the paper.

And then I noticed that Justin was saying something and broke me out of my trance. "What? I'm sorry I didn't get what you were saying."

Justin smiled and repeated,"Why were you moving your hands while talking up there?" I looked down. This guy must be deep in the hearing world. I looked up and replied," It's called sign language. I'm deaf so I use it to communicate."

Justin's face changed from surprised to curious and then he asked," Wait, you're deaf?"

I smiled and nodded," Yes."

He smiled and said," That's amazing. If you're deaf how do you sing like that?"

I started telling him about how I hear music through vibrations and all that. Then he started saying,"Do you mind if I could walk you home?"

I gave the look as if asking 'can I trust you won't rape me?' He knew what I was thinking because he started laughing and said," Don't worry you're safe with me." I laughed and walked out of the club.

We started walking in a silence. Well to me it was silent. When I turned to look at him, he wasn't talking. Yep, silence. We got to my house and then things kind of turned awkward.

But then Justin started talking. " How long have you been playing guitar?"

I smiled and replied," A long time. How about you?"

Justin looked down and smiles," Since I was 6 years old."

I smiled. This guy has been playing since he was 6?! Dang no wonder why he loves music!

Justin asked," Where do you go to school?"

"Im homeschooled," I replied.

He laughed," You're lucky."

I laugh and ask,"Why? Isn't it fun to be in a public school?"

He looked at me with an 'are you kidding' look. I laughed and asked,"What?"

He shook his head and said,"Being in a public school sucks."

I laughed and asked,"Why?"

He smirked,"How about we hangout tomorrow and I'll tell you?"

I gasped,"You mean like a date?"

He smirked,"If you want."

I thought for a second. Then I grabbed his iPhone out of his hands, put my number in and as I was handing it back to him I said,"We can hangout, but it's not a date."

He smirked,"Feisty I like it."

I laughed and said,"Bye Justin Chase."

"Bye Hope McKnight," he said before he turned around and walked away.

I turned around and smiled thinking about tomorrow.

One thing I'm really thinking about is I'm hoping that my mom will NOT embarrass me...

So what do you guys think? Hope you guys liked it! Please comment and vote! And if you want to, you can message me some ideas that you want in the story. Keep it appropriate though! Lolz
Love you guys!😄😍