ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ - ꜰɪxᴇʀ ᴜᴘᴇʀ

"You ever not sleep?" Natasha questioned Rick, who we found asleep on the grass. He jolts awake, standing up quickly and brushing himself off while muttering incoherent words under his breath. "I've been in six different time zones in three days because of you."

Natasha and I laughed dryly at him. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah." I shake my head in delight. Oh, this Rick is a classic fellow. "What'd you get us this time, like, an upside-down lawnmower?"

Rick motioned for us to follow him into the green pasture clearing to show us a shiny Quinjet parked. Wow, he actually did get us a Quinjet this time. I was half expecting another run-down helicopter. We needed the Quinjet because we came up with a plan to get the others out of the prison, they were in.

Apparently, Ross had thrown Sam and the others in a prison in the middle of the ocean called the RAFT. The plan was for Natasha and I to distract Ross in Germany, because the all father knows that he's still very pissed about us running out on him.

Aurora and Steve had the location of the secret prison thanks to Veronica, they were gonna do the saving and then were going to rendezvous back to Wakanda where those too have been staying.

I just know that when we finally do get back to the others in Wakanda, the topic of disguises was going to be a topic Natasha was going to have to make Aurora listen to. Natasha finally dyed her hair blonde, and she even cut it. I mean I like it but not as much as her natural hair color.

"You see what I can get you with a bit of time and money?" Rick mocked. "Go on, say it. I wanna hear it." He urged. "It would really be good for me to hear it. Really."

Natasha laughed and finally nodded. "I'm impressed."

Rick shakes his head like if he was flustered even if it's exactly what he asked for. "You've always been a really good friend to me."

Rick nods pleased. "That's what every man wants to hear. Where you gonna go?"

Natasha smiled at the question. "It's funny. My whole life, I didn't think I had any family. "Turns out I got two. One of them's a bit of a mess right now. We're gonna go break a few of them out of prison, see if I can't help patch things up."

Rick nods as if it was a normal response to the question. "Nice seeing you Asgardian, Black Widow." I shake Rick's hand. "Hopefully we'll hear from you again."

Rick shook his head automatically. "God no."

MEANWHILE VERONICAS POV

"Check," I lifted one of the chest pieces and moved it across the board. Slamming it loudly. "And mate."

I was grinning from ear to ear as I leaned back into my seat, resting my arms on the armrests and giving Vision a smug look. However, Vision wasn't doing what he normally does when he "lets" me win. We always play chess, it's a game of strategy and mind. Yet Vision doesn't seem to be looking right in the mind right now.

"Vis?" I snapped my fingers in front of his face. "Earth to the red toaster oven." His optics came back into focus, he looked up. "Yes?"

I gave him a look. "What are you thinking about?"

Vision shakes his head as he begins to collect the chess pieces, setting the board up again. "Nothing." Oh Vision. He's a terrible liar. You would think for a robot, lying comes naturally.

Especially considering that robots aren't supposed to have no emotions. But that definitely wasn't Vision. "Sure, it's nothing." I sassed, quickly checking my watch to see what time it was. It's 6pm already, which means it's been officially about 4? 5 hours since Steve broke Wanda and the others out of prison.

Ross had called me directly when Tony had deflected him. Did I answer him? Absolutely not. Peter and I just ate some pizza while we let him shout from the machine. Obviously, I had erased any evidence that I stole the RAFT blueprints and given it to Steve.

I'm glad Wanda and the others were already out. I couldn't stand them being there any other day. And clearly, Vision here is thinking about something.

I swiped the Queen chess pieces from him and pointed at him. "The reason you "messed up" as you called it, was because of Wanda. Wasn't in?"

Vision goes still. I couldn't help but smile. "Just go Vision." It's what he's been thinking about since she was arrested no doubt. I've seen their interactions. Come on, it was obvious. It was always obvious to everyone but the actual people.

I mean, I found it a tiny bit confusing. Since he was well...a uh...red toaster oven. And Wanda's human. Well an enhanced human. That's the technical term for us since our enhancements. Her telekinesis, my ice.

Tony calls me a mutant. He says he found a genetic marker in my blood I didn't have before the enhancement. No idea if Wanda has it or not since she never gave any blood for Tony to study. We suspect she does, but ever since that discovery Tony calls me a mutant.

Just adding it to the list of nicknames that I hate.

"Vision just go," I urged the robot. Vision shakes his head, leaning back in his chair. "I don't even know where she is. And I can't go."

"Uh yes you can. The Accords don't say anything about you jumping from country to country to be with Wanda." I pointed out. There would really be no problem as long as Vision comes whenever we need him. Otherwise, he can be with Wanda whenever he wants to be.

"I'll cover for you with Ross in case he ever drops by." I promised Vision. "As long as you cover for me whenever I go and visit Wanda."

Of course I have to visit my friend. She's the only part of Pietro I have left. The closest thing to a sister I will ever have. I hate the way we left things, fighting in an airport on opposite sides.

And we didn't really get a chance to talk after, I want to see her again. I have to. To apologize.

Vision smiled. "I still don't know where she is." I snorted, right, sorry. "I'll send you the private server I-" I cut myself off. Probably shouldn't say something that incriminates me. I laughed awkwardly, "I'll direct you to a private server so you can talk to her."

Vision nods thankfully. "Thank you Veronica."

I shrugged, dismissing it. "Oh, anything for my synthezoid best friend."