I'm Staying

"Why do you want to stay with me so badly? I am nothing special. I don't even know how a relationship works and I don't want to mess it up for you. There is so much wrong with me and I don't want to burden you with anything and-"

He was cut off by a pair of lips pressing against his. His eyes widened at the sudden contact. They separated and He couldn't help but stare into the multicolored eyes of the person he had grown to love.

"Ryu, I don't want you to worry about being a burden or thinking that you are doing something wrong. Yeah, we will make mistakes and things will be said, but I never want you to think that I am going to leave you just because you feel vulnerable. Nothing will change the way I see you. Nothing will change the way I think about you." Atsushi smiled softly as he placed his hands on each side of the black haired male's face.

"That doesn't tell me why you want to be with me so bad. What is it about me that you love?" He muttered.

"Everything. Your way with words when we are alone. The side that only I am allowed to see. They way you make sure I am taking care of myself when I fall into one of my many episodes. When you talk about something you're passionate about, your eyes shine and you use your hand to justify your words. I love all those little things that make you who you are." Atsushi smiled and pressed his forehead against Ryunosuke's.

Ryu sighed and closed his eyes. "Atsu, what if I'm not what you imagined me to be? What if I change throughout the relationship and you don't like it? What if I hurt you? What if I push you tinto something that makes you uncomfortable? There are so many things that I'm afraid I am going to do to hurt you and I won't be able to live with myself if I hurt you."

"Then we will work through it. I will not allow you to blame yourself for anything that happens because I probably did something to provoke it. I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me on purpose so I'm not worried."

"But, I want this relationship to be perfect." He whispered.

"Ryu, nobody can promise a perfect relationship. I can't promise you a perfect relationship. But I can promise you this. If you are trying to make this relationship work, and doing your best, I'm staying." Atsushi smiled and pressed a soft kiss on his forehead.

Ryu looked up at him and smiled before pressing their lips together in a soft kiss. Atsu kissed back and smiled when he felt his boyfriend hum at his response.

As their lips moved in sync, neither one of them could even begin to imagine being separate from the other. Just the thought of it seemed wrong. They couldn't imagine a life without the other and it made them wonder how they had ever imagined to make it as far as they did without their other half.

Ryu moved from his lips to his jaw, leaving a trail of kisses from his chin to his ear, then back to his lips.

He pulled back and looked at the boy with a soft smile on his face. Atsushi smiled back before rubbing their noses together. With a small, mischievous smirk replaced his smile and he tackled his boyfriend down on the couch of their living room. The latter gasped at the sudden change in position and laughed when he saw the smile he adored so much on the face of his lover.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"No reason." The grey haired male shrugged as he sat on top of his boyfriend, making sure to prop himself up a bit with his legs so he wasn't crushing him. He crossed his arms as he smiled at the man lying beneath him.

"You are too cute for your own good." The older sighed as he propped himself up on his elbows to peck the younger's lips.

Atsushi's face turned red and he looked the other direction. "Shut up." He muttered, somehow managing to keep himself from stuttering.

"Hm, I don't think I will because I'm not telling a lie. It is simply a truth you can't stand to hear because it also doubles as a compliment that you can't accept." Ryunosuke replied. He laid back down and rested his hands on the other's hips, squeezing them lightly.

Atsushi squeaked as he held back a laugh and his legs relaxed so that he was now fully sitting on his boyfriend. "D-doesn't this hurt?" He stuttered out.

"Not at all." Ryu shook his head as he traced small patterns on Atsushi's thighs with his fingers.

They didn't say another word as they both watched Ryunosuke's fingers move every which way, sending a small tingling feeling through the smaller boy's body. He shivered slightly and the older boy laughed.

"It's not funny." He murmured and began to fake pout.

"Yeah you're right it's not funny." He pushed himself up so that his lips were next to the other's ear. "It's adorable."

Atsushi placed his hands on his chest and pushed him down, pinning him to the couch. Ryu just laughed at the shade of red his boyfriend's face was taking on and pulled him down to his chest.

Atsushi relaxed and took in the scent he found comforting.

"I love you Ryu. Don't you ever forget that." He whispered.

"I won't. I promise." The other male smiled and kissed the shorter male's head. "I love you too."

Gradually, their breathing began to even out and the two lovers fell asleep in each other's arms, a feeling of content and safety engulfing the two. They were happy and they were going to do everything in their power to keep the other happy and smiling.

If possible, they were going to live together forever. No matter what.