Misunderstandings

Newt and Tina had been dating for almost three years. They were in love from the beginning but now what?

____

Tina paced back and forth in the living room as Queenie, her younger sister, stood thinking.
"Queenie, I'm telling you. What else would it be? I saw him" Tina practically said in tears.
"Teenie, hold on a sec. You know Newt. He would never"!
"It's been almost three years", mumbled Tina.
"Exactly".
"What if he's getting bored", Tina asked sadly.
"Teen-"
"Queenie, he lied to me. He said he was with Theseus", she paused hesitating, "But....he was...with a woman".
"You know Newt. He would never cheat", defended Queenie.
"Really? You said yourself that he's been keeping you out of his head. And why would he lie to me"?!
Queenie stayed silent. She could literally hear her sister's every though which showed how much pain she was in given her sister always made it difficult for her to read her thoughts. But "people were always easiest to read when their hurting".

Suddenly Tina began to tear up giving in to her emotions.
"Oh, Teenie", mumbled Queenie as she immediately embraced her sister comforting her.
The thought that bugged her most was the fact that Tina would repeat in her head how 'she felt alone' and 'he didn't really love' her.

____

When Newt had gotten back to Tina's apartment where she let him stay, Tina claimed she was at work when really she was with her sister not wanting to face him.

____

Tina had let a few days roll by catching at least three lies from Newt causing her to hide the pain. After a week, Tina couldn't take it anymore. She had done thinking though she didn't want to go through with it.

___

Opening the door, Newt walked through the door with a grin as Tina stood pacing slowly as she kept her head down.
Every bone in her body was telling her to not do it.
"Hello, love", Newt said with a happy tone.
"Newt", she hesitated, "We need to talk".
Newt's expression turned concern as he walked to her,
"What is it"?
"I.....Uh.....I-I don't think....this is working out", she motioned to the two of them avoiding his gaze.
"Wha? T-Tina-"
She cut him off, "Look. Y-You can stay here....until you...leave. I'll be staying...with Queenie", she paused after walking to the front door, "I'm sorry", she mumbled before walking out.

Newt stood frozen in place as his eyes began to become watery. He glanced down removing his hand from his jacket pocket. In his palm lied a small navy blue box. He opened it as tears fell staring at a beautiful diamond ring. He removed the ring studying it sadly when suddenly he took the box and threw it as hard as he could at the wall across the room and sat with his knees to his chest.

___

Days later, Newt had gone back to England while Tina went back to her apartment after a day. She didn't wanna go back and be reminded of him. Unfortunately being reminded of him was exactly what happened. Everything smelled like him, almost like a forest. It had always comforted her, until now.

Tina changed into her pj's but the moment she lied in her bed she couldn't handle it. The sheets smelled like him. They often fell asleep cuddled in each other's arms.
Tears streamed down her cheeks as she immediately sat up throwing the pillow to the wall and getting off the bed. Alone was exactly what she felt without him.

In the corner of the room, she cried hugging her knees but unable to fall asleep or even stop thinking of him.
Earlier she had found an envelope on the kitchen table from him but refused to open it.