Arguments and Accidents

Newt and Tina had been in several arguments in a single week that had been driving them apart. They had been together for almost a year but in the last week the both of them, especially Tina, had been under a lot of stress.

"GET OUT", yelled Tina, "I'VE HAD IT, NEWT! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

"Tina-"

"GET OUT", she screamed again before pushing him toward the door.
When he finally did leave, Tina slumped against the door as streams of tears fell down her cheeks like a river.

____

When Tina had kicked Newt out, he had wandered sadly around the city.
He knew they'd been fighting a lot recently but that didn't stop him from loving her. Though unfortunately he hadn't had the chance to say that yet, despite thinking it over and over in his head for almost an entire year. A part of him knew it before they even began dating.

Newt had spent an hour on the bench in New York not bothering to use an umbrella as the rain poured down hard over him soaking him. All while his tears mixed with the rain.

It was almost seven in the evening when Newt had decided to get up and walk to the near by cafe.
While he walked out into the dark streets around the corner came a flying car that hit him out of the blue.

___

Minutes later, Newt had been taken to the hospital where Tina had anxiously waited. Finding out about the accident from Jacob who had a random customer run in asking for help.

___

Queenie and Tina had been sitting in the hospital when suddenly the doors opened to reveal a bunch of medics surrounding an unconscious Newt.
"32 year old male. Hit by a car. He had internal bleeding and a punctured lung", spoke a parametric as the doctors and nurses took him away.

Meanwhile Tina had tried to rush over but before she could get to him, Queenie immediately wrapped her arms around her sister to stop her.

"No", Tina said as her sister stopped her.
"Hey, it's ok", mumbled Queenie, "Let them help him".
Giving in, Tina cried into her sister's shoulder as Newt had been taken away for surgery.

____

It had been hours later, Tina hadn't left but Queenie and Jacob had too.

Hesitantly, Tina had walked into the room Newt had been kept in.
His appearance had only made her tears worse, especially knowing he was like this and the last time they talked she had kicked him out instead of letting him in.

His forehead was wrapped in bandages given the blow to his head that gave him a concussion, he had a cast on his right forearm and a cast on his left leg. His skin was full of cuts and road rashes.
He looked peaceful in his sleep.

Tina had wondered if he was better off without her.
*sniffing*, Tina had wiped away the tears with her sleeve when suddenly Newt began to slowly wake up.
When Tina glanced back in his direction, their eyes met,
"Tina", he whispered.
Looking away, Tina had moved to sit down in the chair next to the bed.

She hesitated before speaking as she avoided his eye, "Newt, I-....m-maybe...t-this", she paused, "wasn't meant to be."
Before he could say anything, Tina continued, "I...can't help but think...t-this wouldn't have h-happened...if I-I hadn't kicked you out", she paused again, failing to hold back tears but not looking up once, "Newt, you deserve better than me. I can't m-make you happy. I-I wish I could, but I can't".

"Tina", he had whispered sadly, "I love you".

She smiled to herself through, "No you don't".
Hesitating, she had began to walk to the door and the second she had left, Newt hadn't hesitated to disconnect himself from the machines and the liquid IV and other medicines.
Wincing, he had stood up quickly wincing but ignoring the pain as he limped toward the door.
"Tina", he had said a little louder when he got to the doorway. The second he got there, the two closest nurses had grabbed him before he could fall.
When they tried to take him back he had said 'no' in a more desperate tone than anything.
When she had turned her head to glance toward him hesitantly, in tears, she had watched as the nurses had injected him with something to calm him and drag him back inside.
However, he had seemed to be fighting its affects, and the nurses.
"Tina", Newt said struggling with the nurses, "I love you! And I won't take it back!"
Surprised by his words, the nurses had stopped trying to take him inside and just looked curiously at Tina.
Sighing, Tina hesitated slightly but immediately practically ran to him and wrapped her arms around him, "I love you too", she had whispered in his ear all while in tears.
"I never should've yelled at you or blamed you for being stressed. I'm sorry", she whispered sadly.
Almost immediately, Newt had pressed a soft kiss to her lips which she gladly returned.