Chapter 4

Catching Up.

NARRATOR

Silas and Farris are now both sitting inside the moving carriage, Farris is currently looking out of the window in awe.

"So, is this your kingdom?" Farris asked curiously, looking back at Silas. Silas just laughed a bit before talking.

"Nah, I'm just here in behalf of my father. Even though I just want to be a knight or an adventurer, my big brother is too busy in the Academy of Inheritance so I have to be the one moving in behalf of my father." Silas said with a bored tone.

"Academy of Inheritance is the Academy of all kingdoms, right? Those who go there are nobles and royals from different kind of kingdoms who will inherit their family's fortune, am I right?" Farris asked and Silas looked at him with a stunned expression.

"I'm surprised you know that much, well, you like reading, so I guess you know almost everything about this world of ours." Silas said.

"Can I asked? Why do I never see you inside my kingdom anymore?" Farris asked, Silas just sighed before looking out the kingdom.

"My father and your king had a fight at the same day we knew each other. So they're like rivals now. If any of my kingdom threatened your kingdom, then that means war, the same goes for your kingdom if they threaten our kingdom." Silas said, looking at Farris sharply.

"Well, I'm out of that. I'm an adventurer now, I don't belong to his kingdom anymore." Farris said, smiling at Silas. Silas looked at him happily then held his shoulders.

"Then I invite you to my castle. To be honest, my father knows who you are, so he won't bother about you staying inside our castle even though your former king is his enemy. Let's just say, no lies can ever escape my father and he can always sense honesty, just like my big brother." Silas said, Farris can immediately see that Silas really adore his big brother and looks up to him.

"Alright." Farris said just as soon as the Carriage stopped.

"We're here, your majesty." The guard said with a bow, Silas nodded before looking back at Farris.

"I'll be back after I finish what I have to do." Silas said and Farris just nodded in agreement.

Farris waited for almost 1 hour before the door of the carriage opened, revealing Silas.

"Back home, please." Silas said and the carriage began to move.

"So how was it?" Farris asked.

"It went well, I just have to report this to my father later." Silas said with a tired expression, leaning in on the soft mattress. "But tiresome. I envy my brother for liking this type of things whenever his school would have a day off." Silas complained.

"If only your father would let you come with me on an adventure, huh?" Farris said playfully.

Silas looked at Farris with widened eyes before clasping his hands together with a big smile.

"That's it! I'll ask my father to follow you to an adventure, just to escape these future duties of my big brother." Silas said with determination. Farris looked at him with a panicked expression.

"No! What if he'll blame me?" Farris asked.

"Well, you gave me the idea, so face it." Silas said before chuckling. Farris glared at him before sighing.

After around 1 hour and a few minutes, they finally arrived in front of the castle.

The guards walked towards the door of the carriage before opening it's door and Silas got out before twirling slowly.