Hopeless

Y/N and crew had all returned from their varying missions.

It was rough all around. Tanjiro and Inosuke got the blunt end of it, suffering some broken bones, cuts and bruises. Zenitsu wasn't in much better shape, sporting some new back wounds and a bruised up body. Y/N has similar marks to her back, along with a cut across her left cheek. Most likely a new scar in the making.

They all trekked back to the butterfly mansion to get medical attention.

Tanjiro needed to be bed ridden for a few days while his fractured femur healed. While Inosuke had head bandages and arm splints to secure his own wounds. Zenitsu and Y/N were given ointments to treat the back damage. As well as to help Y/N's face gash.

Fortune is in their favor since neither had to be bed ridden like the other two. But they still need to take it easy during their stay.

Y/N is walking down the hallway and catches Zenitsu in one of the rooms by himself. Struggling to completely cover his back in the lotion.

She laughs under her breath and enters the room,"Zenitsu, do you need help?"

His head shoots up, looking up at you with a defeated expression on his face. "Yeeeaaaa I can't reach it on my own...Do you mind?" Pointing to the center area of his back.

Y/N wanders up to Zenitsu and sits behind him. Covering her hands in the ointment. Its super slick to the touch and creates a gloss on her skin.

Y/N starts gliding her hands from Zenitsu's tailbone to the back of his neck. Slowly spreading her hands in a downward motion so each meet his shoulder blades. Massaging them throughly. Thumbs going up and down between his blades.

The boy happily sighs at the sensation. A light pink hue enters his face. "You know, you're the only girl that gets this close to me. Let alone touches me. Its nice-". His words trail off focusing on Y/Ns touch.

She stops, "You know you'd do so much better in the field if you weren't so abrasive. Ever consider just being yourself?"

Zenitsu stares blankly in response. Y/N returns the stare with a judgemental expression.

In a huff "DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!"

Hes hopeless, but she already knew that. Zenitsu has a cute personality, he just can't seem to get out of his head.

Y/N stands up, "Okay I'm sorry, but how do you expect me to react? If I say you'll find someone eventually, I'd be lying. That is, if you keep acting like this."

Y/N lifts the back of her top to reveal her own wounds. gesturing to the ointment. "Do you mind?"

Zenitsu has turned bright red, shakily grabbing the lotion in hand. With a nervous high pitched voice he musters a, "No, no-not at all!"

Y/N chuckles at his response. "I trust you Zenitsu. You don't need to be so nervous around me." She reaches back to glide her hand up his thigh. He shudders then relaxes at the touch.

Exhaling, Zenitsu starts his hands around Y/N's hips. Traveling up her back with both hands. Slowly going in a circular motion on the shoulder blades. Then up her neck, back down, and over her shoulders. Y/N shakes a bit from the sensation of his fingers.

"Are you ok? Is it sore?" He asks with concern written on his face.

Y/N shoots a soft smile, blushing a tad. "Don't worry, I'm okay. It just feels really good."

She leans back , Zenitsu's toreso touching Y/N's back. He begins to heat up. His body trembling. Defeated mentally, he rests his chin on her shoulder and signs. The heat of his breath can be felt gliding down her neck.

The smell of him being this close becomes intoxicating. Her hormones kicked into overdrive at the thought of Zenitsu exploring her body further. This isn't the first time this thought has entered Y/N's head, but this time felt too good to pass up.

Y/N lightly rests her head on his, smiling. Her hand moving up into his hair. "I don't actually think you're hopeless you know."