Finale

Jisoo groans. She throws her blanket over her head to soften the sound of her ringtone but when the incessant noise continues to ring, she growls and sticks an arm out towards her bedside table. She grasps her phone and answers the call without taking a glance at the phone screen to see who's calling.

"What the fuck do you want at this fucking ungodly hour?"

"Soo.." A soft whiny voice comes out of the speakers, making Jisoo blink in surprise. Taking the phone away from her ear, she squints hard at the screen and blinks as she registers the affectionate name on her phone screen in disbelief.

"What's wrong Chae?" She replies softly, instantly regretting her choice of words a minute ago.

"Soo, I'm sorry for waking you up at this hour but can you come over to my house?" Chaeyoung asks, her voice coming off a little shy at the end. It makes Jisoo smile a little and she slowly starts to peel herself from her bed, even though she really wants to go back to sleep and continue her lovely dream. Resting her phone between her cheek and her shoulder, she stands up and makes her way over to her wardrobe and picks out a shirt, jeans and a jacket.

"Little Chae wants to meet up at this hour?" Jisoo teases, giggling when her friend whines loudly in protest.

"Soo.." Chaeyoung whines again. Jisoo can easily picture how the woman would act in front of her with large puppy eyes, an extra adorable pout and little tugs at the hem of her shirt. The image makes her smile widely and she bites down on her lips to stop herself from squealing loudly.

"Okay cutie, I'll be there in twenty."

Jisoo's heart races when Chaeyoung opens her front door and flashes her a very wide smile.

"Soo!" She practically squeals, pouncing on the woman and knocking her to the ground. Jisoo grumbles and tries to stand up, blinking when she realises the body sitting on her lap. On the other hand, it takes Chaeyoung a while to register where she is and what she's doing. When she leans back on Jisoo's lap, she gasps in shock and stands up immediately.

"Omo omo omo," Chaeyoung squeals, quickly pulling Jisoo to her feet and blushing profusely. Jisoo is equally as red in the face and she coughs not so discreetly, making Chaeyoung jump in surprise. Quickly regaining her composure, Chaeyoung ushers Jisoo into her house and helps hang her coat up whilst the woman removes her shoes and wears a spare pair of Chaeyoung's slippers. She giggles internally when she notices the cartoon image of three peas in a pod embroidered on the top of the slippers.

"Did you need help on something?" Jisoo asks, following Chaeyoung into the kitchen. She plops down on one of the stools near the countertop and crosses her arms on the table as she watches Chaeyoung dash towards the fridge and rummage through its contents.

Chaeyoung runs back to her with a giddy expression on her face.

"Ice cream!" She squeals happily, placing a tub of cookies and cream ice cream on the countertop.

Jisoo groans.

-/-/-/-

The second time Chaeyoung calls her at 2am, Jisoo's busy working on a paper that's due in a couple of days and her phone is on silent. As a result, she receives a couple of missed calls before she finally notices the blinking phone screen underneath her messy pile of sheets.

"Hello?"

"Soo! You're a lot nicer now when you answer phone calls," Chaeyoung replies, giggling as she recalls the previous time she had called Jisoo at inappropriate hours of the morning and the woman had cursed at her before realising who she was conversing with.

"Hey! Who calls people at 2am to show them ice cream!" Jisoo retorts, unconsciously puffing up her cheeks in protest.

"Me!" Chaeyoung squeals excitedly, making Jisoo break into laughter at the woman's childish behaviour.