Living a Nightmare

A few hours pass as I look over the information again, a small voice telling me that I needed to relax, but I know that there is no way Raymond would do any of these things.

Dan suddenly pokes his head out of the media room, "Lyra, we found something else."
I set the files down before stepping into the room, a video already displayed on the screen. As soon as I was in Bella hits play, and after a few seconds of random people passing, Ray and Alex walk out of the DMV, their speech now mixed in with the people around them. We watch as they walk down an alley, which lucky for us (unlucky for them) has cameras in it. Sure the quality was terrible, but it was something.
"We were able to pull the audio from this." Bella says after pausing, "but you're not gonna like what we found."
"Play it." I glance over at Bella, ignoring the nervous look in her eyes; I've heard some pretty messed up stuff, so I'm sure this is nothing.
The video continues and Alex's voice cut through the silence, "Now that we have Ray's license we can finally do the heist."
"Ray's finally on board?" Another voice asks.
"No, I'm not. I'm a police officer, not a thief!" Ray took a step away from them as if he was getting ready to run.
"Raymond. Don't be like this." The other guy took another step towards him, "You're with us now. Got it? You know what will happen if you defy your father."
"R-Ryker, please... I know you guys want me here, but I'm... I'm not like him-"

"Pause it. Now" I stare at the screen as Bella pauses it, "Father?? Raymond told me his father wasn't around."
"He obviously lied," Dan says.
"Shut up Dan!" I snap, covering my mouth, "S-sorry I-"
"Lyra, I think you need to go home." Dan frowns, taking a step over to me.
"I'm fine, Dan. I'm just sick and tired of hearing that Ray lied to me for 8 years." I hiss out, tears stinging my eyes.
"Lyra, calm down."
"Calm down? Calm down?! How are you so calm Dan?! He lied to us. He lied to our faces!"
"Lyra I'm sure there is-"
"An explanation?? Dan, he lied. I don't care what explanation he has. He looked me in the eyes and lied to me." I stare at Dan, the look of pity in his eyes makes me feel sick, so I turn and storm out of the room, tears welling up in my eyes. I keep walking, not sure where I'm going, but I soon found myself outside, walking along the side of the road.

I couldn't hold it back anymore, the tears start coming and they aren't stopping.

A pain settles into my chest, right at my heart. As if someone stabbed me in the chest and then laughed because I bled.

I walk for what felt like hours and eventually arrive at the dock. I hate that I gravitate to this place whenever I was upset. Raymond just had to taint it with his presence. Everything has to be about him, doesn't it!
Raymond liked it here.
Raymond loved this drink.
It's him.
Always him.
He's supposed to be dead. Not a liar.

I sit down on the edge of the dock, a sob shaking my shoulders. His smile flashes in my mind.
I hate the way it makes me feel.
The happiness behind it
The way his dimples made him so much more adorable
Or the way his eyes curved with the smile.

He just... ugh.

I wasn't sure how long I sit there, but the sun vanished beyond the tree line hours ago. I spent the time crying, and now I felt exhausted, my eyes slowly closing, but I forced myself to open them again. I knew that if I fell asleep here then they'd send a search party after me; Frankly, I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet.

"I knew I'd find you here." A familiar voice says.
I knew the voice, the voice belonged to... "Raymond?!" I turn around, and sure enough, there he stood. His hands were in his pockets, and he looks a bit different now; His black hair was now tipped in red, and his arms looks even stronger than they were before, almost as if he has been working out daily since he "died".
"Hey, Lyra." A small smile tugs at his lips.
"You're here!" I stood up, taking a step closer to him.
"Yeah." He chuckles, shrugging slightly, "I thought I'd stop by."
"You decided to just... stop by? Raymond, you were supposed to be dead."
"I know... but hey, I'm here now!"
"You can't just show up like this Ray. You faked your death and lied to us."
His expression twists from happiness to anger, which is something I've never seen on him.
"Did you ever consider why I did it?"
"Of course I did! And nothing makes sense."
"Because I hate the force. I hate arresting people. I hate... you."
My jaw drops as the words sink in, "R-Ray...-"
"I had no other way to get away from you. Every time I tried you clung closer to me and it was so annoying. You were so annoying... So I died."
"No... no, you don't mean that. This is your dad again, isn't it?"
"I knew you guys would hear those tapes. My dad was an excuse. Everything I did, everything I said, was me." he takes a step closer, anger burning in his eyes.
"R-Ray..." I could see in his eyes that he wasn't lying. This was him. All the emotion drains out of me and one thought fills my mind;

He deserves to be behind bars.

I start moving to take out my phone.
"I didn't want to have to do this Ray." I start dialing 911, but before I could, Ray grabs my arm. The shock and jerk of the grab cause me to release the grip on the phone, and just as my luck would have it, it bounces into the water.
Raymond snickers as I watch my phone sink, "You were always super clumsy."
"R-Ray-"
"Lyra..."
"What?"
"Lyra..."
"What?!"
"Lyra!!"

I suddenly shook away, my breathing heavy and a bright flashlight in my face, "W...what?" I look up and see Dan standing above me, a flashlight in his hands.
"Finally."
"I... I fell asleep?" I got up, immediately patting my pockets to make sure I still have my phone, which I do.
"Apparently. I've been calling you for the past half hour."
"I'm sorry..." I let out a sigh, rubbing my eyes. There was only one thing on my mind at this moment; Ray doesn't hate me, it was all a dream,
This was because of his dad
Nothing else.