6.

Nabi?

I didn't know she and Hongjoong were friends.

"Sorry, I'm a little early," She says.
As soon as she walked in that door, Hongjoong couldn't stop looking at her up and down. He must've forgotten I was there too.

She walks next to him, and I am left to follow behind. He seemed head over heels for this girl. Too bad she has a boyfriend.

We go outside to where Seonghwa is standing at a bar. Seonghwa seemed to notice me, and came up to me, "Y/n, hey!" He gives me a side-hug. Awkward, but nice that he put in the effort. "Hi," I respond.
He then turns to Nabi and Hongjoong, "You must be Nabi," He gives her a faint smile, "I'm Seonghwa, it's nice to meet you," He winks at Hongjoong.

More guests started to arrive, and the house soon became quite crowded. I mainly stayed at Seonghwa's side, mostly because he was very nice to me and I didn't know what else to do. He was perfectly okay with me hanging around him the whole time.

But thankfully, Beomgyu arrived and I could go talk to him. I find him somewhere in the house and pull him outside to get away from the noise.

"I want to go home," I say. "Why? The party's only started."

"You know this isn't my scene," I remind him. "Yeah, but you'll have your first kiss, won't you? Speaking of, where is that boy?" Gyu asks. "I don't know. He's probably hanging out with some girls or something." I think Beomgyu noticed me roll my eyes a bit.
"Oh, is someone...jealous?" He pokes my arm.

"No, I'm not. Why would I be? I don't like him," I tell him sternly.

As if my words summoned him, Hongjoong walks out onto the deck where Beomgyu and I are standing. We both turn to look at him.

"Could I borrow Y/n for a moment?" He asks. "Oh," Beomgyu smirks, "Of course you can."
He pushes me toward Hongjoong.

I walk over to him and he unexpectedly takes my hand. It causes me to flinch a little. "Everything okay?" He asks as we walk back into the house. "Yes," I reply.

He leads me through the house and up the stairs that I saw when I came in earlier. We walk down a passage before stopping at a bedroom. He pulls me inside and closes the door behind us.

I stand still, not knowing what to do or say.

"I just thought it would be better if we had some privacy," He tells me. I nod in response.
We both sit down on the edge of the bed next to each other.

I start to think that maybe this doesn't need to happen. Or at least, I don't think I can do it. What if I embarrass myself?

"We...don't have to do this," I say quietly. He frowns, "What do you mean?"

"You don't have to kiss me, I can just tutor you, no negotiation needed," I say. "Why? Do you not want to kiss me or something?" He asks.

There was some sort of tension between us. It wasn't bad tension though. Nor was it uncomfortable to sit here with him.

"It's not that, it's just-" I lower my head, "I don't know how to kiss. And I'm afraid I'll embarrass myself." I felt so stupid telling this to Hongjoong. He must think I'm so naive.

He chuckles under his breath. "Don't be embarrassed," He lifts my chin to look at him. "I'll take the lead. Don't worry."
His husky voice was enough to make me fall for him.

"Okay," I mumble.

"Close your eyes, and relax," He says. I close my eyes, and try to stay calm. He puts his one arm around my waist and the other on my cheek.

I feel my heart start to beat faster, but I keep my eyes closed. I think, It's just a kiss, I shouldn't be so nervous.
But it is my first kiss.

I soon feel his lips pressed against mine. They were soft. He was a good kisser. Well, that's not a surprise.

I placed my hand on his neck and kissed him back. I felt his lips curve upward against mine. I didn't want this to end.

I got a little too excited though and accidentally bit his lip, really hard.

He flinches and stops kissing me. "Argh"
I cringe at myself. "Oh my- I'm so sorry!"

He puts a finger to his lips and notices blood. "You're more aggressive than I thought," He says, standing up. He walks into the en suite bathroom.

I follow him. "I'm sorry. Let me help you," I find some things in a draw to clean his lip. He leans on the counter. I take a cotton pad and start disinfecting his wound.

He starts, laughing? I pause. "Why are you laughing?" I ask. "I can't believe you just did that," He says. "It was an accident!"

"Do you love me that much Y/n?" He asks, smirking. "Shut up," I go back to cleaning his lip.

"Thank you," He says once I threw away the cotton pads and packed away the antiseptic. I roll my eyes. "Let's never do that again," I say.

Hongjoong pouts, "Oh, didn't you like it?"
"I...did. But I nearly sent you to hospital," I joke. "Then why don't we try again?" He closes his eyes and smiles widely.

"Not today, pretty boy," I say. I straighten out my dress and walk out to the bedroom. "I should go back to Beomgyu, he's probably left all alone," I say. "Oh, of course."

I open the bedroom door and make my way back down the hallway and downstairs. Beomgyu is sitting next to the pool with his legs in the water.

I go over to him. I wasn't planning on sitting though. "You're back," He says. I smile, "Yep."

He stands up and we walk over to a cushioned bench. "So how was it?" He asks as we sit down. "It was great. I bit his lip and he started bleeding," I mumble, but loud enough for Beomgyu to hear.
He bursts out into laughter. "Really? That's hilarious!"

☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎

The rest of the night was nice, Gyu and I danced with each other and some other random people we knew.

At 7pm, Hongjoong pulled me aside again.

We went somewhere secluded, again. I think his worst fear was that someone thought we were dating, or something like that. His whole reputation would be ruined if that happened.

All he wanted to do now was talk. He wanted to get to know me. It was comfortable talking to him. We didn't have any deep conversations, just light random ones. But it was nice.

"Do you have any older siblings?" He asks. "Yes, an older brother," I tell him. "Oh, that's nice."

"What are your hobbies?"

"What's your favorite food?"

"Who's your role model?"

He asked me these sort of questions, and I answered each of them.

"Come to me before you leave tonight," Hongjoong says as I'm about to go back out to the living room. "Why?" I ask.

"I want to say goodbye before you go," He smiles at me. "Okay, I will."

***

It was now 7:50pm. Hyunjin would be here soon, thankfully. I was starting to get tired of the party buzz and wanted to get home.

I remembered Hongjoong asking me to go to him before I left, so I went to look for him.

I see Seonghwa in the kitchen by himself. "Hey Y/n, is everything alright?" He asks. "Yes, I'm leaving in a few minutes. Do you know where Hongjoong is?"

"Oh, I think he went upstairs, but that's all I know," He tells me. "Oh, alright. I'll look for him."

I go upstairs and look for him in all the bedrooms. There was one, the door was closed. After looking everywhere, I assumed this was the only place he could be. I knock.

No answer. I sigh. Maybe he's sleeping or something. I open the door slowly.

"Hongjoong?" I call. Oh. He definitely wasn't sleeping. He was making out with Nabi, actually.