07.

part 2 of double update lets go

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Harry texted me late last night telling me to be ready by 8:30 am, so I wake up at 7:30 just to make sure I have time to get ready and get everything together. I take a quick shower to wake myself up and then I start getting ready for the day.

I thank past-Monira for picking out my outfit already, so all I really have to worry about is hair and makeup. Again, I go light on the makeup for flying because something about a full face of makeup on a plane doesn't sound appealing to me, so I throw on some mascara, a bit of concealer under my eyes, and my strawberry Burts Bees that basically lives in my pockets at all times.

Them I decide to assess the state of my hair. Living with curly hair means you never truly know what kind of hair day you're going to have– it seems like no matter how hard I try to sleep gently, only use satin pillowcases, and do everything in my power to make sure my wash day results last, sometimes I wake up with an absolute birds nest on my head. Thankfully, today is not one of those days, so I can get away with refreshing my curls and wearing my hair down. I make sure that I have a claw clip readily accessible though, because I know that I'll probably want to put it up at some point on the plane.

Time seems to be flying especially quickly this morning, and in no time I'm putting my Air Force's on and Harry's texting me saying that the car is downstairs. I run to knock on Mel's door to say goodbye, and just as I approach, they open the door.

"Woah! Slow down girlie." They say laughing, sleep still evident in their voice.

"Give me a hug please." I demand.

Mel opens their arms and pulls me in. I clutch them tightly, this goodbye feeling a bit different than all the others.

"I am SO proud of you Moni." They say, and I can't help the tears that form in my eyes.

"I love you so much, Mel. I hope you know how absolutely impossible this would all be without you. I know you're going to do such amazing things, my dear." I say back.

With that, Mel releases me, placing their hands on my shoulders and looking me in the eyes.

"There is no one, and I truly mean no one who deserves this more than you. I don't mean to get sappy, especially because I know you have to go, but I feel like I'm never able to express how grateful I am and always will be for your guidance over the years. I hope you know how much I've got your back, no matter what." They say, and by this point the tears are falling.

"Mel... I hope you know that I mean it every single time I say that you're more than just an assistant to me. You are so incredible, and I cannot wait to see all that you accomplish. You're one of my very best friends and it's going to take a hell of a lot more than some celebrity to get rid of me." I joke.

Mel laughs and says, "Okay Moni, you better get going or else you're going to be late. I'll see you in a few weeks, okay?"

"Okay, see you soon." I say, giving them one last hug.

It's been three minutes since Harry texted, so now I literally have to run, tears in my eyes and all.

I'm slightly out of breath by the time I make it outside of the building, but I'm stopped dead in my tracks once I see the sight waiting for me. There's a car outside alright, a black SUV, but what I didn't expect to see was Harry himself waiting for me, outside the car and all.

I'm glad to see that he's clearly on the same page as me, wearing black Adidas trackpants and a black hoodie.

As soon as I walk up to him, the first thing he says is, "Is everything okay? It looks like you've been crying."