Part 7: Doing Business

Beckett and Little Larry drove to the lab in the warehouse to pack up more of their money in a briefcase. They drove to a local tailor to get some suits to change into, then headed to a fancy casino.

"Let me do the talking." Little Larry said as they pull up to the entrance.

"All right, just as long as I get my $42,000." Beckett said.

"Oh, we'll come back with a lot more than that, man." Little Larry assured.

They got out of the car and walked into the casino. They walked around the place, looking for someone in particular. Little Larry spotted an elderly man wearing a silk suit, sitting at a poker table.

"Smash-Mouth." Little Larry said to get the man's attention, then showed off a hundred dollar bill.

But, he was too focused on the game in front of him. It's a good thing too because he won with a full house. When the game was over, the elderly man finally looked up and saw Little Larry's bill. Instead of saying anything, he motioned for some men in all black to escort them away. Two men grabbed Beckett, while one man grabbed Little Larry. The men in black took them to separate places.

Beckett struggled to get the men's grip off of him. Then, a fist fight broke out between the three of them in the hallway.

Little Larry was taken to private room to chat with Smash-Mouth. The two of them were sitting in a sofa.

"Is that idiot, Donnie still teaching you everything you know? But, you haven't done or said one intelligent thing yet today." the elderly gentleman said.

"Look. I'm done with Donnie, okay? I did this, from my lab and it is flawless. Take a gander." Little Larry explained, pulling out another hundred dollar bill for his suit pocket.

"Does Donnie know you're here?" Smash-Mouth asked as he took the bill into his hand.

"No, of course not." Little Larry said.

"Good, it's best that way. I wouldn't want to him to get worked out. He's a jealous man." Smash-Mouth said as he held the bill up to the light.

"That he is." Little Larry agreed.

"Now, I understand that you arrived in a Bentley." Smash-Mouth said.

"Yeah. Continental Supersport." Little Larry said.

"You pay cash for that?" Smash-Mouth asked.

"Of course. What else?" Little Larry said.

"You're not only being taught by an idiot, you're an idiot as well. And if you ever come around here waving cash like a lunatic again, I'm gonna rip your face off. You got that? I'll see if this bill passes and we'll be in touch." Smash-Mouth said, then got up from the sofa.

"I thought we're gonna do the exchange." Little Larry said as he got up from the sofa.

"Well, you thought wrong." Smash-Mouth said as he put on his silk suit jacket.

Then, Little Larry was escorted out of the casino by one of the men in black. The car was already waiting at the entrance.

"Beckett?" he questioned as he noticed his friend already in the passenger seat with a bruised face.

"They took the briefcase out of the trunk. There's nothing left. We have to get out of here now! Let's go!" Beckett said.

Little Larry went around to the driver's side and drove away from the casino as fast as he could.

"For your trouble." he said, handing a stack of cash to his friend.

"Do you think this is gonna cover it? I did all of this because I assumed a pay day was in order. My Dad's always told me to never assume anything and now I'm just a jerk with a fat lip who's three steps closer to his freaking grave." Beckett said out of frustration.