2-

✎could it be, that you don't feel the same way about me?

9 years later has passed...kyoko died and tohru mourned the loss of her beloved mother while keeping up that very same cheery facade that makes her gain numerous friendships. she also kept the legend of the phoenix story very dear in her heart and retold it to all those who would listen. she made it her dream and ambition to find the phoenix, and thank her for having the cat join the fun when no one else would. little did she know, it wasn't in fact a legend at all. but a curse.

akito sighed in frustration, "that damn brat! thinks he can run off without me...hanging out with that pathetic girl tohru honda! argh! he's just doing this so he can escape. i know it. she's making our family fall fucking apart!" while he continued with his rant, a beautiful woman named (y/n)(l/n) sat in the corner of the room, listening attentively. "aki, you should calm down. yuki and tohru shouldn't be your main concern right now. the family isn't falling apart, it's you who is falling apart." (y/n) softly murmured. although she tried to make her voice as soft as possible, akito heard everything and started listening when she used her nickname for him.

the 2 zodiacs looked at each other in comfortable silence. "oh? do you really think that way (y/n)? if what you're saying is true, then i shall fall apart into pieces. nothing matters, as long as you're by my side." akito broke the silence while crawling to (y/n). he stopped until they were so close that their noses were touching. "you will stay by my side till i perish, won't you?" he purred with a sly smirk, knowing that her answer will never change. (y/n) nodded hurriedly, trying not to displease the young man into resorting to violence. she glanced at the clock behind akito and gasped, "i'm so sorry aki but i have to go! i have classes today and i really can't fall behind..." akito waved his hand to signal her off, and she ran out of the room, leaving a slight breeze.

when akito's driver dropped (y/n) off at her prestigious college, she thanked the poor man who she knew faced akito's wrath daily. she was thankful that he adored her so much because she couldn't imagine him getting mad at her.

(y/n) 's pov:

my breaths were shallow from all the running i did, but i eventually made it. my worst nightmare...maths class. thankfully i was right on time so the professor didn't blink an eye when i entered the classroom while everyone was already seated. can't believe i was almost late to my first class in college. 

a few minutes after zoning out to the teachers monotone voice, i received a text message. 'who could it be?', i wonder. i peered down at my phone and swiped up on my lockscreen. i saw the display name 'akito sohma'. despite being one of akito's closest friends, i didn't like it when he was so clingy. he knew i was having classes and needed to focus but still texted me in the middle of class. i decided to read the text message in case it was important.

!!ooh a cliffhangerrr