21|Answers

Jessie is a transgender. Of course that explains everything— the extravagant body, okay I guess just the body because I could have never even guessed she was once a guy.

"Did you have to tell her like that?" she whines. "I hope that doesn't make you like me any less Cassi," she tells me.

"N-No it's just..." it's just the fact that you've seen me naked from head to toe and on top of that you grabbed my boobs when it turns out you're technically a man. Gosh, I feel so weird now. "...nothing I'm okay with it," I reassure her with a smile.

"I'm so happy to hear that... both of you come in," she offers, stepping through the gate. We follow behind her, stepping into the courtyard which is adorned with potted plants and a bubbling fountain. She leads us into her house where we walk into a cozy living room bathed in the warm sunlight pouring through the large windows. The room is tastefully decorated with vibrant artwork and plush furniture.

"Take a seat," she offers. "Can I get both of you anything?" she asks as we get seated on the couch. "I'm good," I say.

"Got cigarettes?" Levi asks. She nods and heads into the kitchen area. "So both of you met earlier huh," Levi mumbles.

"Yeah... I was kind of lost looking for the boutique before she saw me and helped me there... she even helped me pick out some nice clothes," I say, turning to him. "I don't think she's the killer."

A smile spreads across his face as he shakes his head. "You're so naive," he states.

"No I just mean... she seems nice..."

"Yeah... but your mum seemed nice too."

I feel a sudden pang in my chest as those words hit me. I get that he's trying to prove a point but did he have to put it that way? "That was a bit unnecessary Levi," I mutter.

He rolls his eyes. "Just let me handle this, remember you're just an escort."

"Ugh like I even wanted to come here in the first place." I can't believe he called me an escort knowing everything he's put me through to this point.

Jessie comes back holding a pack of cigarettes. She flips the top open and stretches it out to Levi, smiling. He flashes her a small smile too and pulls out a cigarette, taking the lighter from her other hand before lighting the other end. He turns to me. "You good with me doing this next to you?"

I shrug. Normally I would have overreacted about how smoking can erode the bones. But I'm just so mad at him.

Jessie awkwardly goes to sit on the couch beside us, crossing her legs. "Both of you are dating?" she asks.

"Ye-"

"No she's my assistant," he replies. Well, I didn't know we changed the script.

"Your assistant? So that means you own a business or something now?"

"No I'm a detective," he states, reaching into his jacket and pulling out a badge I've never seen before.

"Oh... I see... although it was unexpected... from basketball player to detective... you don't see that everywhere," she chuckles. "So what brings you to me after all these years... finally realized I'm the one for you?" she smirks.

"Well... my answer to that depends on your answer to my questions," he replies and releases a puff of smoke. "Really? I'll try my best to answer them correctly," she beams.

"Good. Are you aware that Ace Finnegan is dead?" he asks. She gasps, clasping a hand over her mouth. "No... no... please tell me it's not the Ace I'm thinking," she shudders.