8

'That was disgusting, I cant believe I sat on his lap. Gross.' Ayato thought to himself, walking down the hallways distracted and alone.

People passed him by, wondering what the brooding handsome boy was thinking about?

Ayato walked and walked, he felt like his chase with the gothic boy had finally ended, but he knew it may have just gotten worse. Alas, he couldn't worry about it right now, or, at least use his version of worrying, since he kinda can't. Athletics was his next class, and for some reason, Ayato feels eyes on him everytime he's in class.

The warning bell rang for the next class to begin rang, and that's when Ayato knew he needed to pick up his pace. Grabbing his gym clothes, he headed off towards the boy's locker room.

It was full by the time he got there, and he made it to his locker with barely anytime to change into his gym uniform. He had just made it outside when the tardy bell rang, signaling that he needs to start his warm up lap around the track.

Silently following in line with the other boys in athletics, he feels those same eyes on him again, only this time, they feel like they're burning a hole through his head, rather than the usual calmer energy they emitted.

Ayato looked around the boys to possibly see who was staring, but none were looking at him when he turned.

'Maybe I'll find them during class, I don't like people staring at me. I'll put a stop to this.'

Starting his slow jog, he fell in the middle of the pack, making sure to stay clear of the people who showed up and made sure everyone looked at them. we all know those types of people.

However, he heard footsteps coming a little too close to him, and he turned to see the Captain and Club Leader of the Sports Club running next to him, the blond headed boy not even breaking a sweat at the slow pace they were jogging.

"...You're very close to me Rito-san." Ayato said.

"Well, you're not breathing hard! Hey Ayato-chan! So I was wondering if you'd like to join the Sports Club? You seem like you're in really good shape, and we need some more members for special teams for when we play after school, I would like it if you joined!" He said in a singular breath, his ocean blue eyes locked in with Ayato's.

"You're like a golden retriever with your boundless energy, Rito-san. I'm currently in between clubs right now, but I don't think I want to play sports after school. Thank you for the offer." Ayato said while speeding up to escape from Aso.

Aso merely sped up with him, and kept talking, "But! But Ayato-chan! You're so athletic! And you have a great physique- uh, well, you wouldn't struggle with the physical part of sports I mean." He said, slightly embarrassed at his screw up.

Ayato just quirked an eyebrow, and sped up once again. Aso did the same as before, keeping great track of Ayato.

"Is there another club recruiting you? Like, I mean, surely not the occult club or something! Is it the cooking club? I've seen you talk to Amao many times, I get a little jealous each time y'know, I mean, I want you to play sports with me- With the team!"

"I do not wish to join the Occult Club, their leader just was trying too hard. The Cooking Club is a higher choice of mine, but I have a certain one in mind that I should try to join." Ayato left his answer vague on purpose to throw off Aso, and maybe sate his desire but alas it did not work like he planned.

"What?! So it is the Cooking Club?! I'm losing to the pink obsessed chef?! That's so unfair!!!! Cmon, can't you just join my club, besides you'd look really good in a baseball uniform..." Aso said, his cheeks finally having a rosy color to them, which Ayato just assumed was from running.

Ayato just looked at him, and he sped up once again. Aso sped with him, the two now at the front of the pack of boys, everyone watching Ayato try to get away from Aso, and the two in a mock game of cat and mouse.

Their little 'game' lasted until it was time for the workout to start, with them separating into groups Ayato quickly forgot about their interaction.

Aso, however, didn't. It stewed inside his head, analyzing every little move or word he said, and what Ayato replied to him. And it didn't make sense, with the little rumor he heard, and proof he saw earlier today. He was going to talk to Ayato about it, and he wouldn't be able to get away.

After the class ended, all the boys went towards the locker room, changing and getting out of there quickly. Aso took his time, watching and waiting for Ayato to make his way out of the locker room, but he was getting ready slower than usual.

At last it was just the two in there, Aso had the keys to lock up the door since he was the Club Leader and Captain, so he was usually last, but Ayato was in his normal uniform, and he was sitting expectantly, as of he already knew Aso was going to stop him.

"Ayato-chan, I guess you already knew I was going to stop you huh?" He said.

"You kept looking at me more than usual. Why?" Ayato almost growled, his voice much lower than usual, almost as if he was trying to intimidate Aso.

"Well, I heard a rumor today. It was about you y'know, and well, I wanted to know if it was true..." Aso left off, he was hesitating asking this question, "Is it true you're dating the club leader for the Occult Club? Oko Ruto?" He asked so wistfully sad. Aso was wishing it wasn't true.

However, by the aghast look on Ayato's face, maybe he struck a nerve?