1

It didn't start out like it.

If and when somebody is accepted into the Bellas, they don't move into the house until at least a month into being a Bella, just in case they decide to jeopardize it right at the beginning, like most seem to do.

Sometimes a Bella does have to think about whether they want to move into the house or not because they're normally comfortably living somewhere else. Though, they always end up moving in.

So when Beca declined, it wasn't too surprising and Aubrey and Chloe told her to think about it.
Two and a half months after joining the Bella's, she still declined, never moving into the house.

They tried not to push too much.

At the beginning of their practices, Beca never left in a hurry.

She took her time grabbing her things and took the time talking to some of the girls.

After the first few weeks of practice she started to practically run out of rehearsal as soon as Aubrey called quits.

She would say a quiet 'bye' and be out of the room within a minute.

At first they thought that maybe she just had a job to be at, but Chloe then pointed out that she in fact only worked on Monday through Thursday at four p.m, yet the Bellas were done with practice before noon.

That couldn't have been it.

So, what was up?

*****

Beca had a responsibility. A big one.

She was lucky that her dad helped her out the the first few weeks of practice, by watching said responsibility. He wanted her to focus on the group for a little bit and get used to it.

After getting used to it, her dad no longer helped out, so she had to rush out of practice to get to the place she needed to be on time.

Beca had shit luck. At age sixteen, she fell pregnant. It was just a very, very unlucky situation. The condom broke, plan B didn't work, she didn't want to get an abortion, and the father wanted nothing to do with the baby.

Nine months later, Calvin James Mitchell was born, looking like an extra extra extra tinier version of Beca. He had soft, light brown hair with blue-grey eyes, and as he grew, he adorned the sweetest smile, just like her own, and Beca loved him with every fiber of her being.

He was energetic, ambitious, and loved cars, trucks, dinosaurs, and superhero's.

After Calvin was born, Beca was just shy of seventeen and didn't want to deal with her senior year of high school, juggling the new role of motherhood, trying to find a babysitter all day, have to pay them, do school and the school work, with no job at the time. So, she became homeschooled, did all the work online and graduated through there, having a diploma mailed to her.

She took a year and a half off after high school to work a job and save up money. She made mixes on her laptop when she was back at home with Calvin and she sold them to radio stations while also working at one. She even picked up side jobs here and there for a little while if she was able to get somebody to watch her son.

When she would get home, the little boy would squeal happily and be completely attached to the short girl's hip the rest of the day, mumbling in baby language excitedly.

Beca and him would go to his room and play with cars and dinosaurs and then when he started to get tired, Beca would snuggle him for hours after he fell asleep, before putting him to bed and going back to her own.

He was the best thing of her life.

He was her happiness.

So when her dad said that she should go to college, saying that being a DJ is not going to bring in enough money, she refused just for the fact that he was going against her wishes.