Chapter 4

Beautiful.

The scenery of the sky turns from the various hues of orange and red to purple haze and will be turning into dark blue hues. The gradient of many colors painted in the sky signed the sun is about to set is enough to take many breaths away. All four classes that were appointed today have been swiftly finished without any further complication.

Sitting on a bench just outside the entrance hall of my last class to kill time as Maya texted me just a few minutes ago to wait for her when I have finished my class to go and grab dinner with her, by continuing my reading session while taking in the breathtaking view of the sunset. There is not a lit of students running around now as most of them had already ended their class long ago.

Pages after pages were turned, and a shadow suddenly appears in front of me. I looked up and the cold green-eyed man who seem to always find mine lately.

"Why are you still here?" he asked, looking down at me.

"Umm... I'm waiting for a friend" I replied softly.

He sighed, casually kneeling in front of me, looking at my heels. "Is it the same girl with you yesterday?" he asked.

"Wha-what are you doing?" I asked cautiously, raising my guard.

He glances up at me and pulls up a band-aid from his jean pocket. "For the blisters," he said in a boring tone. He then strip my heels of my feet, examining the redness and the blisters that were formed earlier.

"W-wait, I can do it myself" I stuttered, trying to make him stop.

"Shh kitten, calm down and just sit tight. You should have done it earlier if you want to" he murmured, ripping the band-aid open and sticking it carefully on the blisters.

I blushed at the nickname he gave me. "How did you know about the blisters?" I asked quietly, letting him, a total stranger put band-aids on me. If my mom knows this, I'll get a 4-hour long lecture probably.

"It's not that hard to notice when you're fucking limping while trying to walk faster than normal, Kitten," he said with a splash of sarcasm on his few last words as his jaws tightens. "And why the hell did you run? Even worse with heels on" he sighed, trying to calm himself down as he continue putting band-aids on the other feet.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked, worriedly.

Why am I worried?

He turned his attention towards me, his hardened facial softened a bit "I'm not mad, Kitten. It's just...never mind" he sighed.

My brows scrunched together in confusion but letting it go for now. "Why are you calling me that? I have a name you know" I stated, scrunching my nose.

He chuckles, and a small smile appears on the corner of his lips. "Well if you don't like it that much, then you should tell me your name."

The little chuckles he made are so nice to hear, warmth on my cheeks suddenly began to intensify, as I soon realise what I had just thought of. "It's Adaline," I murmured, looking down at my now band-aided blister.

My eyes then flutters to his green ones as he remained silent. But the glance began to turn into stares as it is hard to turn away from them. There is something about his eyes that is so mesmerizing, making it hard to look away.

He always puts put a cold stone face, as he doesn't care about anything or anyone, but his eyes gave out a mixture of many unfamiliar emotions that is hard to understand.

"Sorry I'm late Adaline--" Maya came running towards us but stopped when she realized who I'm with. "I can come back later," she said, smiling devilishly.