Chapter 50: Shadows of the past

♡♡"Everywhere I go my shadow
It follows behind,
Doesn't matter where I travel
My shadow, it finds me.
Something that I've come to realize after all this time,
I can't escape my shadow..."♤♤

Alec Benjamin
Shadow of mine ~

!TW!: Blood, death, gunfire, trauma, loss and mature language ahead

!TW!: Blood, death, gunfire, trauma, loss and mature language ahead. You've been warned lovelies❤

______________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook bit on his nails anxiously watching over Yuri who hadn't woken up, as he sat on a chair next to her. They'd lay her down on his bed and she seemed fast asleep.

He regretted not being able to say the stuff he'd wanted to say before she would regain her memories.

"Everything's going to change."She'd told him. That was wrong right? Not everything would.

He'd still love her and she'd still love him, right? They'd still be a happy couple crazy about each other and making the most of what life had to offer-

"Fuck.."he breathed, his elbows on his knees as he passed his hands through his hair.

What if she woke up completely different, what if the memories were so traumatic she'd find it impossible to live with herself?

What if she decided to leave-

He flinched as Yuri whimpered in her sleep, frowning deeply. Standing up he reached for her hand.

"Hey, love, it's okay, I'm here."he said, hoping that maybe she'd hear him but her frown deepened as sweat covered her forehead.

"No.."she whispered and her hand started shaking, before suddenly gripping onto Jungkook's hand, as though asking for strength.

"I'm here, I'm here"he repeated, tightening his grip on her hand and stroking her forehead gently.

They'd agreed with the rest of the band not to tell anyone about all of this until Yuri could tell them more. The others had gone back to their rooms, keeping the secret, and anxiously waiting for her to wake up. One by one they would come check every ten minutes.

Jungkook swallowed, gazing at the young woman with worry. "Please be okay, please be okay."he prayed sitting down on the chair once more.

________________________________________________

"Now shoot."the man said in her ear. Lillian stared at the shadow making their way to their house, humming to themselves.

This was another mission, but this time they hadn't told her the goal until she stood in the shadows, holding the gun.