Chapter 5 - Maya Meets Lydia

Maya had looked as Lucas had showed up at school with a girl. She had smiled as she came closer to them greeting Lucas as he had greeted her back.

"Lydia, let me introduce you to..."

"I can't now," Lydia said as she had made a phone call and went out of the building.

"Somehow I think Lydia has the worst manners ever. My apologies. She is just very busy. She's a teen mom my niece, her daughter, is just six months old," Lucas said as Maya looked at Lydia making a phone call.

"Where is the father?" Maya asked.

"Back in Texas. Our parents wanted to start over and my father got a work opportunity that he couldn't say no to. Dylan and I were pretty okay with the move, but it was Lydia who had difficulties with it. Which, I guess, was expected with Fred and Suzie. But that will all be fine. Are you okay? You seem slightly off," Lucas said.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just see my mom so much in this situation. She was also a mom at a young age and was forced to move away from my father. It came at a hard price for her and a difficult one for me. I don't really see him that much anymore due to that. They never got married or engaged. It's just me and my mom," Maya said as the bell had rang.

"Let's go," Maya said.