Part 5 - Yet More Cakes

Great Al stood up and looked upon what he'd created and saw that it was good – as good as Andy had said. He liked bricks, they were uncomplicated. He looked at his watch and, after a while, managed to figure out that it was half-past one.

There was a noise somewhere but he couldn't make out what it was. He decided he'd better tell Andy he'd finished but, when he looked around, he couldn't see him anywhere. Maybe he should go and look for him.

Then he stopped. "I'd better wash my hands first," he said out loud to himself. He ambled back to the cottage and ran the tap over his hands but his eyes stared into the kitchen.

"Just one more," he promised himself.

Twenty cakes later he remembered he was looking for Andy and, taking a couple more cakes to eat on the way, wandered past the vegetable patch and into the woods. He munched on the last of the cakes as he stepped past the trees.

"Poo," he said, as the stench hit him.

Then he recognised a pair of boots a few yards away. He wondered why they were sticking out of a hole, soles upward. He went to investigate.

"You down there, boss?" he called out once he had reached the edge.

There was some muffled screaming that sounded a bit like "For fork sake, pull me up, you fat b..."

Great Al looked at the rope that followed Andy down into the hole. He grabbed it and knelt down, saying, "Hold tight. I get you out in a jiffy."

Then the ground shifted for the second time that day. Andy suddenly found himself in total darkness as a great weight slammed into him from behind. The next, and nearly final, thing he experienced was his head being enveloped in age-old shit.

<><><>

If you enjoyed this part, please don't forget to comment and vote!