Chapter 5

= = = = = =

= = = = = =

A D E L A I D E S ' P O V

I was standing in front of the team and my supposed uncles letting them process what I just said.

"I'm sorry, what?" Asked Tony surprised. "You have two dead uncles that only you can see, and they're telling you that your biological family is on their way to get to know you."

"Pretty much." I said with a shrug.

They all sat around for a moment trying to process the situation.

"I need a drink." Tony said standing up and heading over to the bar.

"Is he always like that?" Finn asked looking at Tony cautiously.

I hummed in amusement.

"Tony is his own warning." I told him fondly.

"Hey!" Exclaimed Tony. "Stop talking bad about me to the ghosts." He said pointing at me with a pout.

"I was only telling them the truth." I told him while the team was looking amused.

"Ok, as entertaining as this all is, I think we should get to the point." Steve interrupted standing from his spot and crossing his arms.

"Oh, you mean the fact that she's talking to ghosts, her biological family is coming, and speedy hasn't stopped staring at Addy since she got here." Tony said.

After the last sentence Finn, Steve, Bruce, and Clint straighten and glared at Pietro.

Pietro, not caring, just looked at them (not including Finn, since he's a ghost) sat back on the couch, crossing his arms over his chest and spreading his legs, and just smirked at them.

"Well, if what my uncle's ghost is saying is true." I added looking at Finn, seeing him nod. "Then they should be here by the end of the week. Along with my biological sister."

They all nodded, looking worried.

"And how do you feel about all this?" Nat asked me softly. I appreciate the gesture knowing she only does this when I'm involved, it's one of the reasons that I love her and see her as the mother I never had.

I thought about what she asked me, wondering if I really want to get to know my biological family, after going so long looking for them, not knowing anything. After I thought of what it would have been like had I been raised by them, what I would have become. Wondering if they would have loved me and been there for me. If they would have protected me, or left me to fend for myself.

"It's something that I've been looking forward to all my life, what I've been thinking about ever since I left the Red Room." I told them looking out the window, seeing the trees and the lake. "I think I owe it to my younger self and to myself now, to find out what happened and get to know them, if they're everything I ever imagined."