Prologue

Have you ever heard of parallel universes? Mirror Realms? They look similar to ours. They may look so similar to yours that you don't even realize it when you've gone to a different one like mine. If you want. take this as a warning. Always trace your steps. And if you can help it, don't go in the wrong door.

Keiko never got told this. For she had no one to tell her. Keiko was a girl. Her wardrobe was full of dresses and her shoe drawer was neatly packed with shiny black and red flats. Like most with a proper conscience, the kid had a favorite outfit. And like most girls her age(which wasn't very many years), it was pink. One bright pink dress hung every day in her closet.

Keiko's dress was to never be worn. Except, of course, on very extra special occasions like no other day. Her birthday parties were always a favorite. There was another very extra special roll of fabric kept in the attic. It was only to be used to fix up the dress when Keiko terribly messed it up. It was horrible when Keiko's dress came out with a tear of the seam or by one was to spot a lace out of place. What was even more horrible was for the persons around to witness her monstrous behaviors when she noticed.

I feel sorry (as should be the correct response for these sorts of situations) for everyone around when she got upset. No one knew what was coming when she did. And I hope you never see firsthand what happens. Something else takes over when she gets mad. A creature so disgusting and profoundly hideous. "It" was what kept her from living a normal life. And "It" was what got her killed along with many others.