01 || jungwon

She stared at the ceiling blankly, earphones plucked in while trying to ignore her parents' constant arguing

She stared at the ceiling blankly, earphones plucked in while trying to ignore her parents' constant arguing. It was almost never-ending to the point where she had to get used to it. Yewon's father was an
alcoholic and would always come home drunk, her mother on the other hand is a staff at a big company.

Yewon rolled over at the side of her bed,
meeting eyes with her cat's beautiful eyes.
She smiles and pats Nana as she purrs in response.

The door swinged open, shocking Yewon. Her mother was on the door, breathing heavily making Yewon worried. "Ma, you okay?" She questioned, getting up from her bed coming towards her. "Your father has gone mad! He's throwing glass bottles everywhere, I can't control him. Please- stop him-" Her mother said between breaths.

"If you cannot stop him, so do I. Just stay here, Ma, with me." Yewon pats the side of her bed.

I want to escape this shitty household, with ma and nana.

———

Life wasn't that great for her. Everyday she always has to hear their arguments, and school was her only escape. Her cat is also her favorite living specie, nothing could replace nana.

"Yewon!" Forcing to open her eyes, she sees that everyone went home already and only her only friend, Konon was with her. "Shit. I'm sorry" Yewon stood up, grabbing her bag, catching up to her friend that was already walking away.

"Why do you always fall asleep in class?" Konon asked, turning her head towards Yewon. She shakes her head and bits her lip, "I just didn't get enough sleep last night."

That was a lie. She doesn't get enough sleep every night, she couldn't sleep with a heavy heart. The thought of her parents always arguing makes her sad, all she wanted was a happy and healthy family. Is that too much to ask for?

"Okay then, wanna hang out at my place? I'm bored and my parents aren't around soooo yeah" Konon offered, Yewon didn't waste any time and agreed since she wanted to stay away from that household.

And probably, to see her friend's brother again.

Once they arrived at Konon's house, the first thing they saw was a messy living room with Riki and his friends playing games. But one person had caught Yewon's attention and that wasn't Konon's brother; it was the youngest son of the Lee family.

Jungwon.

They have seen each other before because her mother works at his father's company. Yewon gets to see him and his older brothers sometimes.

"Jungwon you're out of focus!" Riki yelled, snapping him out of the short eye contact with Yewon. A smile had made its way to his face as he couldn't control it.

Yewon Choi, you always find a way to make my heart flutter.