04 || promise

Konon, Riki and Yewon walked their way to the Lee's place for a hang out

Konon, Riki and Yewon walked their way to the Lee's place for a hang out. Jungwon had invited them over, especially Yewon. After having a small talk with her, he immediately invited her over yet she had second thoughts about going but luckily, his convincing was enough to make her come.

After knocking on their gate for a few times, they were greeted by the Lee's mother,

"Oh! You three must be Jungwon's friends, come on in. He's just getting ready." She smiles and widely opens the gate letting them come in.

It wasn't their first time for the Nishimura siblings to come over, however it was Yewon's first time.

The place was huge, it had a beautiful garden filled with colorful flowers. And the house was a three-story one. Yewon was amazed.

"Won, let's go" Riki held his hand out which she didn't notice and nodded, ignoring his hand that was ready to hold hers.

That hurts.

---

They were having a movie night and after a few minutes, they were already asleep.

Bunch of losers... Konon sneers and continues to munch the left popcorns. Her brother was on her side, snoring already while she's the already one who isn't asleep yet.

"Kono-"

The girl lets out a piercing scream, awakening the others. She quickly grabs a nearby pillow and throws it towards the person who called her.

"Hey! That hurts."
"Oh it's just you hehe, I thought you were some creep" Konon nervously giggles and looked away, embarrassed.

"The fuck you're being so loud for?" Riki groans, smacking his sister with a pillow, in return, getting a smack from her.

"Go back to sleep or I'll cut your tongue." She said sternly as her younger brother quickly goes back to sleep.

As Jungwon and Konon were now the ones who aren't asleep yet, the boy scratches her head looking as if he wanted to let things out of his chest.

"I actually want to talk to you about something and it's really important." He said. Konon felt undeniably excited, she had been waiting for this moment. He's finally going to confes-

"It's about Yewon."
Oh.. her
"Uh yeah sure, what is it?" She felt disappointed but didn't wanna show it, Konon actually expected that he'll confess but it's about her bestfriend, again.

"Riki told me that she has an overly toxic household and she's been abused for years. And I'm really worried for her," He paused,

"So I'm thinking if she'd just stay here for the rest of her life. I mean, my parents completely agreed with it after knowing her life story. The problem is whether she'd agree or not.." Jungwon said. Konon wasn't fond of the idea, the idea of Yewon being close with them makes her mad.

"Okay.. let's see if she agrees or not." She responded. Hopefully not

---

"It's your choice, dear."

Yewon was with the Lee's parents. They wanted the best for her and wouldn't imagine her being in a unsafe house.

She had a tough time deciding. She's already happy with the Nishimura's but she felt like they were getting tired with her. And with the Lee's, Yewon is scared that she'll just disappoint them.

"I.. yeah, I agree.."

They burst into smiles and Mrs. Lee embraced her with a warm hug.

"We promise that we'll take good care of you, Yewon dear!"