Chapter 1: Home

Melodi's Pov:

One more hour...

Thirty more minutes...

ten more minutes...

"Melodi, hun, wake up. We're here!" Melodi woke up after her mother shook her awake. 'What?"Melodi asked, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

They had just arrived at their new house in Paris.

Paris... 105 miles (170 km) away from their old house in Auxerre.

They'd moved to Paris hoping to open a bigger and more modern music store. Well, at least that's what her parents hoped.

Melodi didn't really mind moving, having to go to a new school and having to make new friends wasn't a huge thing either. If she couldn't make new friends, she'd still have her friends in Auxerre...

Melodi never really cared about school. Sure, she did do her best to get good grades, but it was kind of easy for her. She's a smart girl. She's kind and quite pretty. And acting she can do the best.

Having to make new friends wasn't a huge deal for her either. She'll see if some people will come to her to make some small talk, maybe there will be some kind of connection and they could be friends. If that didn't happen, she'd still have her bff's in Auxerre...

—------------------

Melodi got out of the car and looked at their new house. It wasn't big nor small. It was definitely larger than the one back in Auxerre. It looked nice.

The house had whithe outlining and the bricks are brown yellowish. The front had in the middle a glass space with black outlining. Melodi could see herself living here.

"Mel, help us with these suitcases please, you can put them upstairs. The moving truck will be here in about an hour."Melodi's dad said.

Melodi did what she was told. She grabbed 2 suitcases and went up the stairs placing the suitcases in an empty room.

Melodi was allowed to choose which room would be hers, so now she had 3 rooms to choose from.

There was a master suite which was for her parents ofcourse. So she would get to choose her own room and the other 2 would be guest rooms.

Melodi chose the room the furthest away from the staircase. all the bedrooms had glass doors, so Melodi made a quick mental note to ask her parents if she could get some curtains. Girls gotta have that privacy you know?

The room was quite big. She was really excited to be able to decorate her own room. She'd found some ideas on pinterest that she really liked. She still wasn't quite sure if she would do more nature-like or more music-like. She loves both of them, but she hasn't found the perfect mix yet.

She placed the suitcases down and walked around the room. 'Here could be my bed, ooh and here I'll put my desk.' Melodi thought.

When Melodi was done dreaming about how she would design her room she went back downstairs to see if her parents needed any more help.

— music boy's POV: —

Luka was playing on his guitar, trying to write a new song. Kitty section still needed some more songs for their EP, and asked Luka if he could do it on his own.

Of course he said yes, I mean how could he say no? It was his band mates and friends after all.

The EP was about love. Love that was found, love that was broken and love that was lost. They all had wrote most of the songs together, , but now Luka had to write two more songs. One about lost love and one about found love.

He had broken up with this girl a few months ago, Luka had gotten over it rather quickly. But the thought about not being able to find new love was bugging him. You could say 'Hey Luka, you're young, you have a long time to find your soulmate, don't worry about it right now!' But teenagers are stubborn and some really need love, especially if you haven't had the best relationships.

Rather it was friendship or family, it didn't matter. He hadn't had the best.

Of course now he has a very nice friend group, but it wasn't always like that. Of course he had a loving mom and sister, but because his dad wasn't at home his whole life, his mom had to work full time to be able to pay the bills for the house boat.

Then there is his sister, Juleka. Lovely girl. She has always been by his side. He was the first person Juleka came out of the closet to, and introduced her girlfriend, Rose to him.

And then you have his love life. He has had one girlfriend before, the one he broke up with a few months ago. She was a nice girl, but she kept ignoring him so they basically broke up. (I'm single af so yeah, idk how to write a good break up, coz me never really had a relationship like that.#singlelivesmatter)

Luka was lost. He was empty inside his head. He couldn't think about lyrics anymore.

He decided to go outside for some fresh air.

As Luka stepped outsude on the deck of the houseboat he saw some people walking, it was a small family. A dad, a mom and 3 kids.

Luka smiled at the sight of the family. He wished he and his family had done things like that when he was younger.

Now to think of it, he did. He went outside and went on fun walks and adventures with Juleka when they were younger, but the older they got, the less the hung out.

And since Juleka started to date Rose, it became even less. Don't get him wrong though, Luka likes Rose, she's a good girlfriend to his sister.

Rose had helped Juleka come more out of her shell in public. He wished he could've done that, but they weren't going to the same school.

----

---Melodi's POV:---

The moving truck had arrived a few hours ago so now the house was mostly furnished.

The living room had their couch from their old home, the dining room looked the same from the old house and their bedrooms had now their beds, wardrobes and desks in it.

Melodi sat down at her desk and got her phone out of her pocket. She hadn't had the time to text or call her Friends yet, so now was the perfect time.

She opened her phone and went to her messages and asked the group if they wanted to call. They all agreed and Melodi started a call.

word count: 1100 without A/N

(short chapter, others will be longer)

(Hello bitches bro's and non-binary hoes. I hope you liked this first chapter!! This is just to clear up some things. You'll understand in the next few chapters!! Leave a like and comment if you want to be up to date on this book! Follow me if you'd like to be with me on this journey of writing this story!! Feedback is always welcome and appreciated! Don't forget to drink some water!! Hopefully cya in the next chapter!!)

-Teaspillingcup