Chapter 5

"What the- HIKARU! KAORU! Get here right now!" I screamed between classes. Two strawberry haired demons slunk into view.

It was between First and Second hour and I was not happy to find my locker.

"We decorated your locker. Do you like it?" They said innocently.

"YEAH, LIKE TOILET PAPER AND WATER BALLOONS ARE DECORATIONS! GO... SIT IN A CORNER AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" They laughed and walked away. I located my textbooks and left the mess in there, heading to locker number 2027. It was...

"Hello, Y/N. How is my princess feeling?" Tamaki was organizing textbooks by color into an installed shelf. Everything was neat. He finished and looked into my face.

"Y/N, what's wrong? Is something troubling you?" Tamaki said, turning to me. He put his History textbook by his side.

"Yeah, can I put my books in your locker for today?" I said, looking down to the pile of thick and glossy textbooks weighing down my hands.

"Um, why would you-" Tamaki started.

"I'll explain the whole thing, but right now, my arms are about to fall off." He quickly hoisted the weight onto his arms and set them down in his locker. He closed it.

"Okay, now explain." We began to walk and talk, because we had History together.

"The twins somehow broke into my locker and put toilet paper and water balloons in there."

"How dare they? That's no way to treat a lady." He said angrily.

"Yeah, so now I can't put anything in there unless I want to get sprayed with water." I said, and coughed. My throat was starting to hurt. Probably from singing in the shower or something.

"Sorry about that. The twins really are quite a handful." He told me, holding the classroom door open for me. I walked in and sat my stuff down in my seat in the back. He followed me.

"So today we have fall activities outside, because I thought since the leaves are such a pretty color and everything... you'll be serving customers, since it would be too hard to get a piano down six flights of stairs and out the door." He explained.

"Okay, I'll be there." I told him. He nodded and shot me his trademark smile before returning to his seat.

The bell rang, and I had fifty five minutes of a boring teacher ramble on about the Second World War. Some girls were laughing in the corner between monotonous phrases of the teachers.

"And then Germany invaded the lower parts of Poland- hey, why do I hear laughing? Quiet down!" The teacher scolded.

They must have turned up the conditioning, because I felt like I was burning up. My face was flustered and red. I wish this uniform didn't have long sleeves.

I took out my phone and put it under the desk. The phone screen cast off an almost unnoticeable glow against my eyes and face. Nobody noticed, and if they did, it's not like they cared. I opened a tab and went on the Internet.

I felt like crap. I think it's allergies. My nose and sinuses felt congested.

After years and years, the bell rang, and I got up. Tamaki waved me over.

"Hey, Y/N, let's walk through the garden today. Let's go!"

There was a small garden on the way to the next hour, but there was a fifteen minute passing time between Second and Third, kind of like a small rest period. That left me time to usually go someplace secluded and listen to music. A walk in the garden didn't sound so bad, though. I followed Tamaki. Usually Kyoya would walk with Tamaki, but he had to make up an assessment today, so that left us alone.

I felt worse with every step. I looked down. My head was burning up, even in the cool October air. Tamaki seemed to notice this.

"Woah, Y/N, you don't look too good. Are you okay?" He asked with worry, pausing to sit on a bench. I sat down next to him.

"Yeah, I think it's just allergies." I dismissed.

"No, you look pretty feverish. Do you mind if I-" He put his cool hand up against my forehead. I flinched in surprise.

"Yeah, Y/N, you definitely have a fever. You should go home." He said, standing up.

"I can't! Tomorrow's the English test and I still have homework I need to do and there's the Host Club and-" I said, getting up. The whoosh of a head rush hit me so hard I stumbled. Tamaki caught me.

"Really, you're sick. Give yourself a break, you're obviously working too hard. You can go home, it's okay. The host club can go without you for one time." He led me back to the main building, where I called my dad's secretary and told her I was sick and needed to go home. She sent someone to take me home.

"Sorry I can't go to the Host Club stuff, I don't want you to have to-" I said apologetically.

"Don't even say that. You're sick. Can't you just take a little break? You need it. Go home. Practice piano, or whatever you do to relax." Tamaki told me.

"Yeah, I guess so. Thank you, Tamaki." I said. He blushed.

"Oh, uh, no problem." He said, just as the bell screamed. I waved as he left.

When I went home, the one of the maids, Kasuma, took my temperature. 102.7 degrees Fahrenheit. She demanded I went to bed and get some rest. I changed into pajamas and clambered into bed. I pulled the covers over myself. My body racked with shivers. I'm glad I went home. Kasuma brought in some soup.

After eating, I turned over and grabbed a pillow, holing in my arms as I drifted off to a hot and feverish sleep. An uncomfortable, sick slumber.

When I finally stirred, it was five thirty. I had slept through the afternoon. I grabbed my phone by my bedside and clicked the on button. Immediately I saw a text from Tamaki.

Tamaki: hows my princess?

Y/N: I wouldn't know how your princess is doing. I know how I'm doing, but your princess is in another castle.

Tamaki: *sigh* fine, how are YOU doing?

Y/N: I just woke up. I feel like crap. How was the autumn party?

Tamaki: It was okay.

Tamaki: Honey-senpai was sad to hear you're sick. He sends his condolences.

Y/N: Where are you right now?

Tamaki: I'm at the school, we just finished cleaning up.

Y/N: is one of the twins looking over your shoulder?

Tamaki: not anymore.

Y/N: called it! See you in a couple days when I get better, gtg.

Tamaki: bye. ;)

Who knew Tamaki sent winky faces?