III

TEEN ROMANCE !

"Aaliyah!" Lani called

"Aaliyah!" Lani called. "How do you win every one of these?!"

"I am just simply better than you!" Aaliyah teased, sticking her tongue out at the younger girl next to her.

"Whatever! I'll beat you next time!" Lani began to walk away from the game booth, heading towards the Yo-Yo: a swing ride that spins around while lifting you in the air.

Aaliyah followed after her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as Lani led the way. "Don't be a sore loser, Lani! You just need to practice some more!"

Lani scoffed, pulling Aaliyah's arm away. "Practice?! You're practically a master at those games!"

"I can teach you all the tricks in exchange for a hug?" Aaliyah offered, arms outstretched as she waited for Lani to think about it. Lani put a hand to her chin and moved her eyes upward, almost as if she was thinking about it.

"Fine, but only if you swear to go on that," Lani points at a faraway ride. Aaliyah's eyes follow Lani's finger and widen when she sees what the ride is.

It was a ride that looked akin to a claw, but it spun around a bit whilst it rotated from side to side, simultaneously spinning around the top of the ride. It was called "Freak Out," which seemed fitting. Aaliyah turned around to face Lani with wide eyes, scoffing softly.

"You want me," Aaliyah points at her chest, "to go on that?" she points at the ride.

"Yep! If you don't, you owe me twenty quid." Lani walks toward Aaliyah and accepts the hug she had offered earlier, chuckling softly as Aaliyah stood with her jaw hanging open.

"You are the worst person ever!" Aaliyah joked, wrapping her arms around the younger. She released her from the hug and held her at arm's length, looking into her eyes. "When should I go on?"

"Toward the end of the night, simply just to have you anticipate the ride for the rest of the night." Lani teased, patting Aaliyah on the back.

"Why are you like this?" Aaliyah asked, to which Lani simply shrugged and walked off to a ship ride. The ride was simple; it swung back and forth while people sitting at opposite ends face each other awkwardly.

The pair waited in line for about five minutes, standing in silence as Aaliyah thought about the ride she has to go on. Lani on the other hand was ecstatic; she was excited to watch Aaliyah go on and to watch her when she got off.

When they got on the ride, Lani and Aaliyah were able to overlook the entirety of the fair. All the different rides blurred into one colorful mess and the fair's attendees turned into ants. Aaliyah's stomach twisted each time the boat went down, making her feel queasy the entire ride.

Getting off the ride, Aaliyah's legs trembled, and Lani's legs survived the entirety of the ride (also known as 'The Pharaoh').

Lani's tremulous voice rang out, "Are you alright?"