chapter one

Where do I begin? You know what, let me start from the beginning.

28th April 2021

I woke up just another day never knowing what was gonna happen just like any other day, except this year on this exact day my whole life changed. I did my normal morning routine when my mum walked in a told me the best news ever (in my opinion). "sweetie pack your things were leaving." My mum was in an abusive relationship with my dad and she was always upset, and when she told me this news I'd never seen her happier. "I need to go help your sister pack, try to be quick please." My mum said with the biggest smile on her face. If you're wondering how my dad didn't say anything about us leaving, well he was at work and won't till he's home, so it's all good.

I finished off packing and met my mum and my sister Elena in the garage where my mum was putting everything in the car. "Mummy where are we going," Elena says. She is only 6 so she doesn't understand anything going on. "For a holiday," I say. "but what about daddy?" She questioned. My mum and I just look at each other. "He's not coming this time, this is a girls-only holiday." Mum answers. We get in the car and start our long journey. You're probably wondering Where we are going, well I couldn't tell you, I don't even know. I guess it's a surprise for both of us. I also forgot to mention my mum left a not for my dad before we left.

Dear Richard,

The girls and I are away. I hope you have the best you can, I wish you the best of luck with your interview next week. If you're wondering why we left, well I think you already know the answer.

Goodbye Richard, Sharon.

My mum is not very good at being mean. As we were driving out of town I ask my mum if I could say goodbye to my friends as I don't want to be moving without them knowing, I mean they have been there for me since day one I couldn't thank them enough for anything they have done for me. My mum said yes and took me to each of their houses one by one, I cried a lot and so did they. Once I said bye to them all it was finally time to hit the road. I started dozen off to sleep.

The car stopped. I always have the weird feeling when the car stops were somewhere good, I wasn't wrong. We stopped to get food, "thank god I'm starving," I said. My mum, Elena and I burst out laughing. My mum then said while still laughing "let's go eat." We ordered food, Elena got chicken nuggets and chips, I swear that's all she eats, Mum got a steak and I got a cheeseburger and chips. I checked the time and thought it was so much later *5:08 pm*. "mum that's what I was meant to ask you earlier, Where are you going?" I asked. "We're going on holiday silly." My sister answered. "It's a surprise," Mum answered with suspicion. She knows I hate surprises.

Back to the road we go. It gets really late so we pull into the first premier inn we find. We get booked in for a couple of nights. Finally bedtime. I put my PJs on and get in the single bed. as my mum and sister are sharing the double bed, there already sleeping by the time I get into bed. I sit on my phone just scrolling on my social before I get a text.

"Hey, how are you?"

Whys is he texting? Maybe just the wrong number.

"hey, wrong number" I answered.

"Nope, this is the right number." He answered back so quick maybe it is the right number.

"Joe, why are you texting me?" I took a while to answer hoping he wouldn't text back. I was wrong.

"I miss you, Sophia, come see me tomorrow please so we can talk." Maybe if I just put my phone on silent he will just leave me alone. Shortly after I fell into a deep sleep.