𝟬𝟭 peter parker, the boy who can't take a hint

 ( chapter one )
PETER PARKER, THE BOY WHO CAN'T TAKE A HINT.

 ( chapter one )PETER PARKER, THE BOY WHO CAN'T TAKE A HINT

Lennon still hadn't spoken to Nat. It had been two months and they hadn't been in contact. Sure, Lennon's phone rang once or twice because of a number Natasha had made her memorize just in case the woman had to go into hiding, but Lennon hadn't answered.

It wasn't that she didn't want to, it's just she couldn't. She couldn't bring herself to face Nat after what she had seen just two months before.

And in that time Lennon had become a full-on high school student. Tony didn't think it was good for her to be cooped up so often and decided it was time she tried out that normal teenager lifestyle since she probably would never have to worry about another mission from the Avengers.

So, Lennon was officially an everyday teenager. Friends, homework, everything. She completely dropped her part-time schoolgirl lifestyle at Midtown High and became normal like everyone else.

Lennon didn't see the point but Tony was constantly stressed lately and she didn't want to add another thing he had to worry about. So, she smiled and said she was excited and that was that.

It wasn't all bad. Even in her time as a part-time student, Lennon had been able to make friends. She was particularly social and found talking to others quite easy, even if sometimes the topic of conversation was a bit boring. But Lennon had found Josie McNeal, James McNeal, and Laila Yao. And somehow, the three had decided that Lennon was an official member of the group the moment they met her.

It was nice. The twins were insanely similar while being sure they were polar opposites and Laila had a fire inside her that caused even the scariest people to back off. Lennon loved them, she had found people that she could call her friends and people who called her their friend right back.

Which all led her to today. Today Lennon was at her locker when James appeared, suddenly leaning against the locker as if he had been there the whole time. "So, what color were you thinking for your dress?" Lennon looked at the boy confused. "What?" James just continued. "Because I saw this one tux I thought was cool but didn't want to throw anything off in case the color of your dress was too different."

Lennon shook her head and laid a hand on his arm, stopping the boy from continuing. "Can you please stop rambling and tell me what you're talking about?" James looked back at her now like he was confused. "For Homecoming?" When he saw the look on Lennons' face, his dropped. "Don't tell me you've never been to Homecoming before. Seriously? It's like–– the only things anyone looks forward to when school first starts up." Lennon just smiled. "You forget my lack of actual schooling for most of my life."

James smiled back, teasingly. "Oh yeah, you're weird I forgot about that." Lennon laughed a bit as she lightly smacked James' arm in protest of his comment. "But anyway, it's a dance. And since we've already gone over how weird you are, I thought I'd be chivalrous and take you." Lennon raised her eyebrow with a smirk. "Oh, will you now? What if I don't want to go with you?" James just scoffed. "Who wouldn't want to go with this? I'm gorgeous!" Lennon nodded slightly. "And very modest."