TWENTY SIX

Georgia, 2:50 AM

The instrumental opening of AC/DC's Back In Black begins blaring in the pitch black bedroom, Jolting both Tony and Pepper awake.

"Tony!" She shush's him as he frantically searches his bedside table for the noise's source.

"I know! I know!" He groans out, pulling the phone to see Unknown Caller on the screen.

Sliding the call to answer with a huff,

"Whoever this is, Someone better be dying."

Pepper twists the gold lamp beside her on, Shifting her gaze to Tony as all the color drains from his face.

"T-...Tony..." Steve's muffled sob is barely recognizable on the other end, sending a heavy pit into Tony's stomach.

"Steve is that you?"

Steve struggles to calm his panicked breathing, his eyes focusing on the blood that stains his hands.

"I hurt her...Tony..."

With that, Tony's jaw goes slack as he meets Pepper's worried gaze.

"What do you mean you hurt her? Her who? Anastasia?" Tony asks, fighting to keep his tone even.

"He hurt Annie?!" Pepper whispers, her eyes shooting wide.

But all Tony hears is muffled sobbing on the other end, His mind racing a mile a minute.

"Steve, where is Anastasia?!" He asks more forcefully, Wedging his phone between his shoulder and ear as he slips his watch on.

"I-I don't know..." Steve chokes out.

Anastasia laying covered in blood flashes in Steve's mind.

"Alright, where are you?"

"Th-The compound, I'm at the compound..."

"Stay there." Tony demands, Ending the call as he jumps to his feet.

"What happened?!" Pepper asks, watching Tony as he moves through the room in a fury, dressing as quickly as possible.

"I don't know, But I gotta find the kid."

~

New York Hospital, 3am.

Wanda bursts into the brightly lit hospital room with Vision in toe, Bucky jolts up momentarily until his swollen and blackened eyes recognize it's only the couple whom he called hours ago.

Wanda's mouth gaps open as she brings her hand up to muffle her gasp.

In all their many years of friendship, She's never seen Anastasia severely injured.

But now she lays unconscious on the long hospital bed, IV and monitor wires keeping her attached to the beeping screen and sack of fluids. Small bandages scattered around her delicate freckled face, With a large protruding bandage covering the majority of the left side.

Bucky's blackened gaze follows the couple intensely as they slowly draw near on the opposite side of the bed.

Wanda grimaces, her shaking hand hovering over Anastasia's bandaged temple, a red glow spreading between the two as she closes her eyes.

"Riley! Samy! Come on!" A small voice calls.

"Angel you're going too far, Wait for us!" A deep voice booms in the distance.

"I told you three Mickey Mouse ice creams was going to be too much sugar for her, man." Sam laughs.

Wanda lowers her hand, A few tears rolling down her cheek as Vision massages her shoulder.