8: Touch

Touch was something Felix was always... well, touchy about.

Only certain people were allowed to touch him, a trait he got from his father. His mother was one of those few, and she showered him with physical affection. She always hugged him. Always had her hand on him, resting on his shoulder or holding his hand. And kisses. She always gave him kisses. As greetings and goodbyes and well wishes. Or just spur of the moments, feeling like giving him a peck, she would give him one, on his nose, on his brow, on his head, on his cheeks; everywhere she could litter kisses, she would do so.

Sometimes he wondered if she was like that to make up for how still he and his father were.

Gabriel and Felix weren't touchy people.

They weren't really affectionate people.

They were poised, hands firmly planted to their sides, only reaching out to touch when it was appropriate.

The only time Felix has seen his father respond to touch is when his mother initiated it.

Otherwise, it's rare for Gabriel Agreste to touch someone on his own.

Felix could count on his hand how often his father has been in touch with him.

Felix can share the reluctance of touch with his father.

It was just two strange for them both.

Chloe Felix can't tolerate being in touch with.

Her grip was always too tight, and he didn't appreciate being dragged all over the place.

Two weeks after they were first introduced, Chloe learned to not touch him. He just kept ripping away from her.

Though now, a touch from Chloe was often done with a purposeful annoyance. She knows he doesn't like to be touched, just as he hates the nickname Felibear. Those were her greatest ways of annoying Felix and getting under his skin.

With Marinette, Felix was wary to be in touch with her.

Not only because she rammed him and nearly broke his nose the very first day of school, but he's been observing her.

She was a touchy person.

Her best Alya she was all over. She'd lay her head in her lap, would lean on her, sling her arm over the redhead's shoulder. To any outsider, the two could be mistaken together quite easily, if it wasn't a solid fact that Alya and Nino were dating.

Still, Felix was rather put off with how touchy Marinette could be, and was wary to have that touch come onto him.

It was enough that he received touch from Ladybug, though it wasn't nearly as bad as Marinette and Alya. Ladybug at most liked to lean on him or rest her arms on him. Sometimes she hold his arm, his wrist, or lock their elbows together. Felix largely finds he didn't so much, her touch wasn't like Chloe's, it was comfortable. Considerate. And those touches never lasted too long, he was allowed to move and do his own thing when he wanted, no restrictions to her touch.

And then he got to know Marinette.

She helped him get away from Lila, was a tolerable partner to work with in school, and surprisingly, kept a respectful distance from him, though his observations claimed that as friends, well, awkward friends; she'd be all over him.

As relieved and thankful as he was, he was starting to half expect the same treatment as Alya got.

For the first time in his life, Felix reached out and

touched on his own free will.

A hand on Marinette's shoulder, a silent support as she faced Chloe.

And after that, that one little touch, a floodgate opened.

Every day whenever they meet up, there was a touch between them.

Shoulders brushed, knuckles knocked against each other, bodies leaning, hands on shoulder, sides pressed together.

The list goes on.

The their (embarrassing) reveal, the touch increased tenfold.

Marinette winds up all over him in some way, he reached out to touch her all the time, pull her into loose hugs, lean on her, and was even presses kisses to her brow, her nose, her cheeks, her lips....

Near their thirties, Felix found another he was happy to touch.

And could understand his mother and her need to shower her son with attention.

With chiming giggles, as Felix or Chat, he peppered his little Emma in kisses and nuzzles, tolerating her whenever she gave his face smacks, or tugged at his hair or ears. Every chance he could, he gave his little Emma all the love and physical affection he could give.

Felix was touchy with who he came in contact with, but unexpectedly, with those he was happy to be physical with, it was strange realize and learn that he could be all over them, just like his mother.