💙💚 Chapter 2 💚💙

Clarke POV

While drifting towards the earth, which seems much bigger than from my view in the Sky Box, we marvel at the beauty. It's amazing from up here, and I feel excitement making me laugh for the first time since I get under arrest. We're going to earth. It might not be survivable with its radiation, but if that's the case, we'll die on the ground.

Suddenly the pod begins moving faster towards the earth and shake badly. Octavia and I feel panic rising in our chest as Raven mentally go over to do again. She press the button and the pod gives a violent jolt, which I'm guessing is reentry.

The pod moves speed of which they're descending is noticeably getting faster and faster until all we can see out of windows is fire.

" Holy shit! We go die?!" Octavia yells panic.

" Nah, over my dead body! We must be alive." Raven mutters.

I clench my jaw, knowing we might die in this metal coffin. Raven press the button again, she ignore the whine of the straining metal around us.

Sparks fly from some gadget and Octavia curse, hoping it wasn't anything important. I think i see it some of the sparks hit Octavia's right arm. But she's too busy focusing on not dying on impact to feel it.

The flames are less intense and we can make out ground coming toward us at an alarming speed.

Octavia and I shares a panicked look with Raven. I barely have time to talk to her as the pod crashes into the surface of the ground.

Because of the enormous impact, we're knocked unconscious.

I groan, rubbing my head gingerly. I feel the a bump and determine it's most likely not a concussion, so that's a bonus. My eyes widen as we realise we're on the ground. This hundred year old piece if space junk made it to the ground in one piece. Not even the windows are shattered, they're just slightly cracked. When I wake Raven up, I'll have to thank her.

Moments later. I shake the girls off the shoulder so they could wake up, Octavia begins to wake up. Groaning, she reaches up for the back of her head, rubbing it. She feels something wet and pulls her hand back to take a look at fingers.

Blood.

Octavia scowls and wipes her hand on her pants, Octavia and I looking over to Raven who's also waking up. " Fuck me," she groans. [ I don't know what i expected, but it certainly wasn't that. So much for a warm welcome huh?] Raven sign. It pulls a chuckle out.

" Told ya, we're still alive, Octavia." Raven says.

She check the machine that sparked and groan when she recognise the label as a communication device. We have no way of telling my parent that we're alive. We have no way of contacting anyone. Raven hit the machine, hoping it'll whir to life but it just sparks again, hitting her hand. She curse, definitely feeling that. It just burns a little and I check her hand, making sure it isn't a deep burn. She should be fine. Raven back in the chair, looking out the window. We can't see anything but dirt.

Float me, we're on the ground. I push the handle on the door, glad when it opens, air hissing as I shove it open. We crawl out, squinting against the sunlight. Once my eyes adjust, my mouth drops open and I grin, allowing ourself to feel happiness. We spin, taking everything in.

 We spin, taking everything in