Chapter 3

Arcane Lily's Resort, December 18th, 7:30 AM

My eyes began to twitch the second a trace of water disembarked from beyond the ceiling and went directly at my forehead. When another bead of liquid dropped, I began to open my eyes and soon jumped out of bed.

I randomly spawned back to the cabin. As my vision regained, I detected that nobody was inside my room. It was just me and a few furnishings.

"Matthew? Pauline? Nick?" I called out, but all I heard was silence.

In the living room, I then caught the door barely loose. I unhurriedly went near the door and thrust the corroded handle with my hand while wearing snow gloves that I had been wearing since the others and I went snow skiing yesterday. As I looked from the outside, the weather started to become severe.

The wind started buffing me away, but the breeze wasn't enough to make a person drift into the atmosphere. I then spotted the resort's main building. By the looks of it, the building had no source of light. 

I didn't have any choice but to go and look for the others, I soon bolted from the cabin straight to the building and also find a much more long-lasting refuge. The cabin is way debilitated to outstand a snowstorm.

I continue to run from the entrance, but the moment I reached the front building. Nobody was inside. "Hello!" I yelled and attempted to knock my hand on the glass pane. "Anybody!" I yelled once more.

Soon, I tried everything but it was no use.

But I knew that I wouldn't give up that easily, so I then went for plan B.

I ran from the other side of the building to see if there is a fire exit somewhere. I know that the chance is fifty-fifty. But I wasn't wrong, A literal fire exit is at the back of the building but it leads to the second floor, I soon went upstairs and saw the door, it was a little bit shut but there's nothing a little kicking on the door will do.

After nine attempts of kicking the door with my brown leather boots, the door finally opened.

I then went inside and sealed the door again, leaning from the metal surface at my back made me sough in a good way. I continued searching for the others at the main building, I then noticed a gold plate attached to a white birch door, as I come close to the door, it was labeled as "Room 13"

I then opened the door of Room 13 even though I'm not supposed to, but my novelty couldn't stop thinking of what lies from the other side. When my hand is already at the handle, I heard people from the distance, the muffling sounds of teenagers made me nosy.

"There are other people?" I spoke to myself.

But what Matthew's email said was that it was only "meant" for us, but it turns out that Nick lied to us. 

I went downstairs to check on the other people, I then looked at them with confusion as they told me to let them inside. I only saw three people, two men, and a woman. The woman was a bit shorter than her friends and looked like they are the same age as me.

I had to let them in so they can warm themselves up. I opened the door and assisted them inside the lobby.

"Thank you for letting us in, we just got here." The woman said to me.

I thanked her, as I questioned them if they saw other people while they were outside the place. But like the woman said earlier. They just got here. It may as well have been an hour since Nick and the others vanished.

The woman introduced herself and her friends. "Hello, by the way, My name's  Veronica Sanders, here with me are, Anthony Mendez and Spencer Diaz."

Veronica has naturally blonde hair while Pauline had honey blonde hair. Noticing Veronica's appearance was pretty typical. She has a bubbly personality and as I said earlier, she has naturally blonde hair. 

Anthony Diaz was stunning, with his black hair all spiked up on the side and it was obvious that he works out every day, seeing his muscular shoulders will make every girl squeal. But right now, his muscles are blanketed by his black jacket.

While Spencer Leonard is a tech expert, just by looking at his glasses, every professor will be amazed at his outstanding creations that involve technology. 

Now that I finally learned their names and their attributes, I questioned them if the three of them are staying at this sanctuary. Anthony answered that they weren't just three, they had another friend.

"I'm sorry guys, the parking was so far from here" The girl opened the door as she felt sapped up while carrying her stuff. 

I looked at the girl and I was shocked. "Jillian!?" 

"Ohhh... Someone has chemistry" Spencer then juggles out his flirty moves as he heckled me and Jillian. Anthony thought it was funny at first until he got stopped by Jillian.

"Shut up guys!" Jillian's intense voice made him stop as she rolls her eyes at him. She then leaves us out of the spot. "Jillian!" I yelled, I then followed her. The others wanted to help but Veronica said that they should give space between us to talk things out.

"Jillian, stop walking out on us" I commanded her but she didn't listen. She continues marching up the stairs as I followed her.

"Listen... My friends and I could just find another place to stay at." Jillian sniffles in tears as she insisted. I told her that it was ridiculous of her, the fact that they drove here for over five hours, and as they got here, they want to change to a new resort? It was stupid.

"You listen to me Jillian, just because you heard Nick's name doesn't mean you need to get mad at me. Now that Nick and the others are missing, I don't know what the hell I should do next!" I yelled at her and also made her quiet. 

"What do you mean, missing?" Suddenly, loud clamoring is heard by us. The sad, sorrowful begging voices of Jillian's friends made us think to ourselves. Are we being held, hostage?

Jillian and I quietly ran back to the stairs, as we reached the side of the stairs, I took a peek at the commotion, It was hard to take a closer look. But all I see are Jillian's friends kneeling in a straight line as their hands are on their backs.

"Please! don't hurt us!" The muggers didn't care about Veronica's sorrowful voice.

While Jillian and I are on the stairs, we didn't know what to do at first.

"We need to call the police, Mason." Jillian insisted. And it was a good idea. 

Jillian made it hard for her to pull her phone at her bag, with her clumsiness being a total center of attraction, Jillian finally pulled out her phone but she accidentally trips a picture of a rose that was hanging from the side.

The loud rumble of the frame made the muggers alert. Jillian pushes me away from the scene to make it seem that she was the only person on the second floor. 

One of the muggers aimed their gun at Jillian, while her hands are in the air. The muggers let her talk for a minute to hear what she says.

"I'm unarmed, I swear" Jillian informed the muggers. "Please don't hurt my friends" The muggers then looked at each other, the one holding the gun, he then shrugs his shoulders.

There were three of them. And they were also wearing helmets that are carved into animals that represent the winter spirit, An emperor penguin, a weasel, and their leader, a Siberian husky.

"Listen, we can talk things out, okay... so let's just slow down for a bit and---" The leader then didn't want any more words from her. So he triggers the trap and killed Jillian on the spot. The loud thunderclap of the revolver blasted out Jillian's face as Veronica, Spencer, and Anthony saw her losing her last day on earth.

Jillian Anderson will be no more but ashes from above...