°13°

When I First Met You

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Author's POV

"Come on, dinner is ready…" Jimin said, chuckling a little bit as he extended out his hand to Jungkook which the younger stared at with a glimmer of hesitation in his does' eyes.

It was this kind of moment… Jungkook couldn't help but think twice, worrying about what would happen if he touched the older man's hand. Though it's stupid, and even he couldn't understand why; there's just something about the whole scenery in front of him that made his heart scream to not return the gesture. It's like a warning that something bad will happen.

But truly, what's the worst that could happen? If his heart was a person, surely Jungkook would already slap the shit outta them for making him nervous all over just for this meaningless help that Jimin offered to give.

But nevertheless, he gave in, ignoring all the red flags inside his heart, and held out his hand; linking it with Jimin's only to feel an unknown yet familiar warmth spread throughout his core from the hand that touched the general's skin. The texture was a little bit rough yet the grip was soft; completely opposite and it made Jungkook instantly pull his hand away with wide eyes when he was already on his feet.

He couldn't restrain it.

It's too late for him to take back what he just did, he didn't think further and only acted on his instincts. But can you blame him? It just shocked him, he felt the hand was way too familiar as if he already held it before but he couldn't explain why he thought so when this was the first time.

He looked over Jimin only to feel guilty for what he did earlier. The man, as expected; already looked at him but what caught his attention was the Phoenix's eyes that typically glowed in dominance and lust, for the first time ever glowed in something Jungkook himself couldn't explain because it was hard for him to read. Was it disappointment…? Sadness…? Regretful…? Longing…? He couldn't guess what it is but what he knows for sure is that those brown orbs conveyed a different aura from usual.

Jimin looked crestfallen.

And unexpectedly, it hurts Jungkook. 

Every muscle in his body urged him to move closer and hug Jimin, leaving no space whatsoever between them. Every vocal fold in his mouth screamed for him to say something; asked if the other was okay, comforted him, and told him that he was back. And every inch of his aching soul begged him to kiss the man, make the other smile again, make the pain go away.

But he didn't.

And that's why his heart hurts the most.

Because despite all the things he feels inside, Jungkook stood still in his spot, ignoring bitterly how his chest ache, and didn't do anything but kept his gaze on the older. It shouldn't affect him in the first place, but it does and it confuses him so he acts as if he doesn't care, as if he didn't notice Jimin's current state, as if his eyes just didn't threaten to cry.

There they were, standing in front of each other, both hurting, both of them longing for the past, and both stared deep into each other's eyes.

Yet however, before the stare could last long, Jimin looked away and scoffed while rolling his eyes in an annoyed manner; giving Jungkook an arrogant look which made the younger dumbstruck for a moment, confused how the man's mood changed in a swift second from looking brokenhearted to an asshole. But nevertheless, he picked himself up quickly and immediately threw Jimin a warning glare to not start any kind of shit. But of course, that won't happen… The general just got something to say every time...