Episode 2

Nat narrates:

As much as the Principal wanted to reason with Max, he couldn't do anything, he decided to take me out of the school and take me with him. My mom didn't look too happy, as she immediately started the transfer paperwork for me and Tommy, as well as the lawsuit against the school staff.

A few weeks later, I was in a new school, with nice classmates, Tommy and I were better than ever. But, one day I came home alone, I wanted to surprise my mother and I was surprised when I saw Max kissing her; So I went to my room to cry.

I was so hurt that I didn't even realize that I slammed the door with all my strength and that warned them of my presence. Soon, Max is walking into my room with a baseball bat in his hands, I even screamed from the scare he gave me, because he kicked the door.

-Max? What are you doing?

- Damn Nat, what a scare! I thought there was a thief in the house.

- Go Max! I want to be alone!

- You're crying? Why? Did they bully you again?

- No... It just broke my heart.

- Do you like someone from school? Do you want to tell me what his name is?

-No, he's not from the school and his name doesn't matter; just leave me alone... You're not my father and you never will be! - I said that with anger and when I wanted to lie down, he grabbed me by the arms.

- I know I'm not your father and I don't pretend to be; I could never usurp that place, because it doesn't belong to me.

- And if you don't want to be my father, why did you kiss my mom?

- I imagine how you must feel, but I won't take your mom... Let's be friends! What do you think about this?

- I already have a friend... Please go!

I couldn't tell him that what really hurts me is that he was kissing my mom and not me, but that would make it bad. Tommy is the only one who knows my true feelings, him and my diary, where I have documented everything that I have experienced by his side.

I cried again the moment he left my room, I feel helpless, it seems horrible to lose everything I love. I fell asleep with that thought, I couldn't even eat lunch, although to my surprise, Max was there when I woke up and it really scared the hell out of me to see him.

-Max?!

-Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you... Your mom came out, she asked me to take care of you.

- And you had to be inside my room for that?

- I... I just came to tell you to come down to eat; But when I saw you sleep, I couldn't wake you up.

- I'm not hungry!

- Your stomach says otherwise... By the way, I like the collection of books you have.

- Thank you, they were gifts from my father.

- Your father had an exquisite taste for reading... Did you read them all?

-You seem surprised that he read them...

- That's how it is; because I read them until I was already in college.

- You look very young, did you graduate long ago?

So I was impressed, because I had a very beautiful conversation with Max, in which he told me things about his life and I liked that. In the first place, he just turned 20, which surprised me, because my mother is 14 years older than him, and he is also the son of my mother's boss.

He also told me that he never had a girlfriend; but that his dad thought my mom is a good match and he decided to try. He even mentioned to me that the part he liked the most about going out with my mother is spending time with me, that our time together is special to him.

grrr (it was my stomach)

- I'll go get something for you to eat. - He says smiling.

Somehow, I feel happy when I'm alone with him, I'm sure I don't see him as my father, and it's cute. This time is also special for me; I took the opportunity to take out my diary and write in detail every feeling I had while talking to Max.

- Is that homework? - I jumped in fright.

- No, it's just... My diary.

- I never had one... What does it feel like?

- It's like having your best friend by your side, only it's you.

- It's self telling your own secrets!

-Hahahaha-I was amused by the way he said them.

- You laughed! I raise my face and I see him surprised. - And now, the second step...

- Second step?

- Your smile is very pretty!... - I know what he does. - Come out with me, before you think I'm too ugly!

- Hahahaha, do you think you're Adam Sandler's son in...?

- "They are like children 2!"

We both started to laugh a lot, he told me that he likes comedy, horror and a little romance movies. We were so happy, we didn't even listen when my mom came and ruined the nice time I had with Max.

-His laughter can be heard from the entrance.

- Excuse us, it's just that we had an incredible time with Nat. - My smile faded.

- You know that it is not allowed to eat in the room.

- Take it easy! I gave him permission...

-His father was the one who created that bad habit in him; and it took me four years to take it off. Don't spoil my son.

- He had a headache that's why I didn't tell him to go to the kitchen.

- Look Max, I thank you for wanting to have a good relationship with my son; but this is not the way.

- But... - I interrupted.

-It's okay Max, you won't be able to win against her, and even less when he puts himself into that plan; I thank you for the food, for making me feel better and for trying to defend me.

So I got out of bed, went to the kitchen and washed all the dishes, not wanting to cause any more trouble for Max. I could hear his argument from where he was and that made me feel bad, because I knew it was my fault that fight.

Soon, I see Max storm out of my room; but he took the time to say goodbye to me before leaving, placing a kiss on my forehead. What I didn't see coming was my mother, who also stormed out, and when she saw me, she grabbed me from her arms, shaking me hard.

- Listen to me well Nat! That man who just left, will get me out of the damn poverty your father left me in; May this be the last time you provoke a fight between us.

- My dad didn't keep us in poverty! It's you who made us poor!

- Shut up! Your father died because of you! And Max will be my husband, whether you like it or not.

Then he showed me the ring on his hand and I felt how the pain invaded me...