Chapter 1-Hug?

((Rewrote the chapter because it was cringe and never left my thoughts, I still hate it though :D))

You walk up to Volo after gathering the plates. You smile, beginning to trust the now familiar merchant. 

But then... It's then that he reveals what he's truly after. He wanted to.. Meet Arceus? There are other ways to meet 'god' dumbass-  

W-wait- he's kinda hot- nonono, I need to save the world or some shit. Or.. Do I..? I don't feel like fighting right now. I mean, if I'm gonna cease to exist... I might as well get a hug out of it, right?

"Alright..." Your voice is quiet. You attempt to speak up so that he can hear you. "I'll give you the plates in exchange for a hug."

He probably thinks you're insane or something. It won't matter once the world ends. He stares at you for a moment, then gives you a warm smile. "I knew you'd make the right decision."  

He walks up to you and you wrap your arms around him comfortably. A warm hug. You think over what he said before... All the pokemon... All the people... You jump back before he can take the plates. "Did you really think I'd give up the plates that easily?" You laugh. There was no way you were abandoning your friends. You feel sorta bad for deceiving him, but you remind yourself that's what he's been doing this whole time.

As you're lost in thought, he leaps forward. You try to dodge, but he manages to grab your satchel before you can escape. You grab onto your satchel with a death grip and pray to Arceus for the strength to protect everyone. You end up falling forward on top of him. You roll around on the ground fighting over the satchel until you manage to rip it out of his hands.

You throw a Pokeball containing one of your most trusted pokemon to defend you. Commander Kamado... Bagin... A few people I could do without, but I could never abandon my friends. Volo sends out a Spiritomb. 

You pray to whatever gods are watching over you, including Arceus, for your victory.