Chapter 2-Small Break, woo

(I've gotten past the Volo part in the game and I forget most of it, so if I fuck anything up, sorry-)

You stand, frozen, as your last pokemon falls. He... He only had one left... Did you really fail everyone..? Really....?

No. He doesn't win until he takes the plates. You call Braviary and fly to safety, far away. You use revives to heal your fainted pokemon. "Are you okay, everyone?" Your pokemon nod happily. "Good." I would never be able to lose knowing they'd be gone. And yet... I did. 

One of your pokemon sense you're upset and try to cheer you up by rubbing against your side. You laugh a little. Everything will be okay. What could he do..? 

What can't he do, really? How could he just betray you like that after everything? 

It does make sense, in a way. 'Everything' was just.. Fake. Looking back, he did seem a little obsessed with the plates. A little... It really doesn't matter now. You had to go back and face him in battle and win this time. You were close. You just needed to try harder. 

"Are you ready to go back and try again?" You ask your pokemon, who are currently playing with each other. They all agree in their own ways, some seeming a bit more hesitant than others. "Okay. Let's do this." You return your pokemon to their pokeballs and head back to where you were previously defeated. This time you'd win. You were sure of it.

(Sorry for these 251 words of disappointment lmao)