||1|| A Case of The Not Smarts

(-cvstiel. I think there's like, one paragraph in a later chapter that's in first person but that's it)

Victoria Penelope Grace. Seventeen years old and finishing up school.

The girl brushes a strand of dirty blonde hair from her turquoise eyes, sighing dramatically as she finally steps out the double doors at the front of the school, walking down the steps and down the sidewalk.
Then her phone blips.

Pulling it out of her back pocket, she looks at the number. Unfamiliar.
She opens it anyways.

Unknown
I'm coming over around 2pm. Anything I should know before I step foot in that building?

A grin crosses Victoria's face as her eyes light up with an idea. A mischievous and kinda cruel idea.

Victoria
Well, a fight broke out. You can probably guess who started it.

Unknown
You?

Victoria
You know me so well.

Unknown
You up for a spar?

Victoria
When am I not?

Unknown
Good point. See you then.

She's just being herself, but as it turns out, she's similar to the person this text was meant for.

Walking home, she has a thought. When the person gets to, wherever, and the other person doesn't show up, they'll know Victoria tricked them.
She pulls her phone back out.

Victoria
Y'know, idk what happened, but I feel a bit sick. Think we could reschedule our little spar?

Unknown
Oh, yeah, sure. Let me know when you feel better.

Victoria
Yup

She sighs, pocketing her phone once again, then curses when rain starts coming down.
She sprints down the sidewalk, holding her backpack over her head.

Finally getting home, she's completely soaked, shaking her hair, getting a shout from her mom as water puddles on the floor.
She runs up the stairs and pulls out her homework, only to groan.
"Why does crap always happen to me?!"

Her homework is also soaked.
She hangs them up on the headboard of her bed, groaning again and laying on her pillow, not caring if she gets the thing wet.

. . .

She had fallen asleep.
Looking around, the room is dark, stars twinkling outside her window. Her homework is still wet, so she pulls out her phone, getting a bit excited when she sees the person texted her again.

Unknown
Who are you?

Crap. He must've figured her out.

Victoria
What are you talking about?

Unknown
I meant to text a friend of mine, but it turns out she messed up the number. I just saw her. Who are you? And why were you posing as my friend?

Victoria
Ew a paragraph.

Unknown
Seriously?

Victoria
I hate paragraphs. They're so long and...paragraph..y

Unknown
That's not even a word.

Victoria
Okay. Fine. I replied and posed as your friend cuz I was bored.

And I don't have friends so I thought it would be cool.

Unknown
You could've said something like; "oh, wrong number, but I'm bored so can we still talk?"

I mean, that would still be weird but at least you'd be honest. And you said you had no friends. How old are you?

Victoria
Since I say I have no friends, you immediately assume I'm young?

Unknown
Well, it's not everyday you hear an adult upset about having no friends. Usually it's; "I'm so single," or "I'm gonna die a virgin."

Victoria
What, are you a single virgin or something?

Unknown
I'm going to assume you're in highschool.

Victoria
What, why??

Unknown
The snarky response and the fact that you know what a virgin is.

Victoria
Not sure how old you are, but pretty much all kids know what a virgin is nowadays.

Unknown
Public school is a plague. I'm glad I Homeschool my kids.

Victoria
Kids. Plural. You're old enough to have kids, multiple, so I'm guessing you're in your mid or late thirties. Looks like you are neither single nor a virgin.

Unknown
Yeah, so you shouldn't text me. Child.

Victoria
How dare you. I'm a capable teenager, thank you very much. And please keep texting me, I'm so bored and I have no friends :(

Unknown
Playing the "no friends" card, huh?
'Kay, but I'm gonna have to put you in my contacts as Weird Child.

Victoria
Nuuu
Give me a nickname!

Unknown
Okay, Chicken Nugget.

Victoria
What in the world??
Call me...
Stick. Cuz I'm a twig human.

Unknown
Whyy. I wanna call you Weird Child. Cuz you're a weird child.

Victoria
STICK
Or else I'll call you Old Father Guy

Unknown
Fine!! You can call me..Archer.
M'kay?

Stick
Oki

Archer
Good. Now, go to bed! It's 11pm and you have school tomorrow!!

Stick
Stop being a dad

Victoria smiles to herself, shutting off her phone and plugging it in on her nightstand.
This could be fun.