3

Then kiss it better

The words just echoed in your mind as your entire body came to a hult. 

He couldn’t have said that right? You just misheard him. 

Your heart fluttered nothingless, butterflies forming in your stomach. Your eyes gazed into his dark brown ones in disbelief as he stared back into yours. 

Your whole body was frozen as you stood between his legs, previously cleaning his cut. His face looked so innocent and sincere, no hint of taking back his words as you both stood in silence. 

Did you really mishear him? 

A knock on his room door hand both your heads snapping to it, making you forget the awkward silence for a moment. You stepped back shyly, putting away the things you took out from the first aid kit. 

“I should get the door.” he muttered, standing up from his seat on the bed. You silently nodded and closed the lid of the first aid kit. 

Jungkook pulled open the large wooden door of his room and locked eyes with his father’s assistant who gave him a small bow.

“His highness asked for you to meet him in his office.” the older man spoke calmly. 

“Is he mad?” Jungkook asked nervously. 

“You could say that.” the man gave him an apologetic look. 

Jungkook let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. 

“Okay, I’ll be there soon, thank you.” he said and shut the door before turning to you. 

“I guess that means I should go.” you said, avoiding eye contact with him. His words still had an affect on you. He nodded, moving aside so you could get to the door. “See you later?” 

“Yup” he gave a small smile. 

“Alright then, bye.” you opened the door and gave him a wave. 

"Bye" he leaned against the side of the door frame, watching you walk away. As soon as you turned a corner and were out of sight, he slapped his forehead, letting his hand run down his face.

"Idiot, idiot, idiot." he muttered, closing his room door behind him as he left to go to his father's office. "Why would you even say that to her?" he groaned to himself, catching the attention of some people who eyed the stressed prince curiously. "She doesn't even like you." he let out a defeated breath of air, his own words hitting him hard. "She really doesn't." 

His mind continued to wander to that moment, continuously scolding himself over and over again. 

"How could I be so stupid" he muttered, his head bowed, his eyes staring at his feet, broken. He hated himself for the fact that he actually had hope that you would kiss him. Why did he even have hope after so long? He was obviously just a best friend to you. 

Jungkook's lips pursed as he thought further about it. Just a best friend. People weren't wrong when they said that love hurt. 

His feet stopped right in front of two large doors, taking a deep breath in to calm his nerves to prepare for what came next. He couldn't think of you then. Raising his hand, he knocked on the door, waiting patiently for a reply that quickly came. 

"Come in." 

Swallowing, he pushed the door open, sliding into his father's work room. 

"So" Jungkook raised his head to find his father sitting behind his desk in front of the large glass windows, staring right at him. "getting into street fights now, are we?"