Chapter 8

(Blaza POV)

I slipped on my sunglasses and watched in the mirror as my tentacles retracted. I took them back off, and out they came again. I always found that strange, that they came out when my line of sight was clear. Don't know what they were thinking with that one.

The door opened, and I scowled as I saw Laff standing there.

"What do you want?" I growled.

Laff sighed. "I just wanted to say that... I'm sorry."

I stared at him, my look skeptical.

"I'm sorry... for treating you so harshly," he continued, "You know, we're really the same."

"Trust me," I said, "We are NOT the same."

"Oh, but we are," Laff said, "In ways you couldn't guess."

"I don't like surprises, so get out or tell me," I growled.

Laff shrugged. "If you say so."

Laff reached his hand into his pocket and retrieved his taser. I snarled and took a step back.

"Don't like that, do ya, mate?" Laff chuckled, "You were the most dangerous experiment they've ever created, yet the slightest sight of exposed electricity just sets you off

"Don't like that, do ya, mate?" Laff chuckled, "You were the most dangerous experiment they've ever created, yet the slightest sight of exposed electricity just sets you off. Brings out that frightened child inside of you."

"Laff," I said, "I'm only going to tell you this once. Put. That. Away. Now."

"And why should I do that?" Laff retorted, "Eli still needs you. Alive or dead."

I remained silent for a minute.

"You're... still working for him..."

"I'm his son, what would you think?"

"You lied. To all of us!"

"In what way?"

"You said you were on our side!"

"I said no such thing."

I growled. I hate him more than extra right now.

Laff stepped forward, taser at the ready, and I stepped back. I was pressed against the wall at this point. Laff came closer, until he was holding his taser up to my chest (it's off right now).

"Y'know, I said I was sorry a few minutes ago," Laff said, "I take that back. Every. Word."

Laff switched on the taser, and I screeched in pain, curling up into a ball on the floor.

Laff kneeled down next to me. "Everyone's out doing their own thing right now. Ally and I stayed to look after you'se. No one can hear you."

He once again jabbed the taser at me, and I shrieked as the electricity coursed up my arm.

I heard someone come into the room, and I looked up to see Ally at the door.

"Ally..." I gasped, "Help me, please!"

"Hmmm..." Ally thought for a second. "... no, don't think so."

She signaled something to Laff with her hand, and he adjusted something on the taser.

"Come with us willingly," Ally said, "Or we'll have to make you."

"Ally... I thought I could trust you!" I said.

She looked at Laff. "Looks like we're doing this the hard way. Laff?"

Laff nodded, and jabbed the taser at me again. He must've turned the power up quite a bit, because it hurt more than hell. I screeched, and when he finally pulled back, I was almost blacked out. I could see spots swimming in front of my eyes.

Ally crouched down next to me and looked at me. "Not so strong now, are you?"

I tried to respond, but all that came out was puffs of breath.

Ally smirked. "One more time. Not enough to kill him, just knock him out."

Laff nodded, and all I felt was another blast of pain before everything around me faded

--------

Oooo cliffhanger

(Im working on NTB ok don't come after me)

570 words