3

I didn't like that as he lowered my hand with the remote, rubbing his thumb across my cheek I almost recoiled. I stopped myself and decided to answer.

"Yeah."

"I'm going, to be honest, and say I've started to develop feelings for you."

What I was scared he'd say he did, as I sighed lowering my gaze Rocco picked it back up saying something unexpected.

"Though I know you don't feel the same."

"Rocco-"

"At least not yet, right now it was just sex for you so I think we should be on a hiatus until we know for sure okay?"

My eyes scattered but I returned to his and replied.

"Okay."

Rocco pulled me into a desperate kiss on my lips, I kissed him back with an unexpected fire. Maybe it was just maybe it was something else I couldn't tell then. It was so suffocating that Rocco had to gently pull me away from his embrace, I quickly apologized.

"Sorry."

"It's okay, you're going through a lot Femi. I think you need this to figure everything out, come here."

He pulled me into a tight hug and I hugged him back. Loose tears fell from my eyes as I wiped them away as he finished.

"I'll miss that beautiful face of yours."

Blushing I didn't have a reply to that as he said bye to my stepfather and then left out. When my other got back with my favorite food, ramen, my appetite wasn't as big as it usually is. But I ate what I could and wrapped up the rest for later. I did end up telling my mother what happened she freaked out with my stepfather but ultimately I told them she got instant karma and I was out on a break. I fell asleep on the couch cradled next to my mom, it's been a long time since I had done that. I felt her gently place a blanket on me as I shifted to my opposite side. She kissed my forehead as I started to snore.

Sizzle

Groaning, I sat up scratching my bedhead. Smelling food I looked over into the kitchen squinting till my vision clears to see my stepfather and my mother cooking something on the stove. Sliding off the couch try was to hum a song together with a big smile that made me smile. They suddenly pulled me over into their embrace as I giggled trying to squirm away, we ate the food together before going into somewhat of a flower fight. I blinked to realize I was dreaming that, my mother saw I was awake and said.

"Morning dear, I bought something to freshen up the house."

I saw it sitting in her hands before she placed it into a glass cabinet. Getting up from the couch, I stared at the white urn with cherry blossoms blended by the elliptical shape. My eyes widened thinking I heard my child-like laugh which caused me to flinch back from it.

"Are you alright honey?"

"Yes, I thought I heard something..."

I said lying while moving upstairs to my bedroom, before I went all the way I stared back at the urn edges through the glass something was off about it. I showered thinking about the urn changing into an orange tank top and red shorts. Scrolling through my notifications I found myself looking for Rocco. I hadn't looked at his past messages so I opened them with alert eyes. It made me dryly chuckle since there were explicit photos of me bent over, but for some odd reason, I liked to be aware of what I looked like. I saved them in a private photo album feeling a rush of arousal wash over me. Shaking my head I had no reason to try anything. Though the moment I hit my doorway I felt the rush so strong it made me lightheaded.

"Holy shit-"

I was cut off by my back hitting my bed, my right hand snaked into my shorts, and two fingers drew digits between my legs. Covering my mouth from my moans slipping out, this was mind-boggling but I tried my best to break out of whatever hallucination this was. When I snatched my eyes back open I was leaning in my bedroom doorway again, the only difference was how soiled my panties were. Once my mother got back home and I was finishing off my ramen from yesterday I decided to ask.

"Has anything weird happened to you guys today?"

"Not to me."

My stepfather said as I turned to my mother who shook her head no but asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"I've been having these weird.. never mind it's nothing."

I said stabbing my fork into the noodles and staring at the broth, even if I said anything it'd probably sound crazy. Well maybe if I'm vague enough-

"Maybe this is part of your healing process, go ahead."

My stepfather said, I lifted my gaze and just decided to spill what details sounded the most realistic.

"I was in my room once about to leave out the doorway, when I had this like a fever dream experience, then blinked back at my doorway."

"I see. Anything else?"

"There were two more weird things but I'd rather just point the attention to the urn. There's something off about it."

I retorted seeing my stepfather at least agree there was something off about it.

"I bought that from an antique store that said to be Japanese and bring clarity and happiness."

"Maybe when it was first made now there could be something attached to it."

"Something like what?"

My mother asked as I finished off my noodles and just got up and moved towards the urn. I felt something like a pressure it was giving off, I thought maybe there were ashes inside it. Now I do sound crazy.

"What are you doing sweetheart?"

"I want to check on a hunch I've got."

I said opening the glass, I reached my hand to open the lid and when I did I found ashes in the bottom. It had a rough smell and I urged my mother to come over.

"Do you believe me now?"