V

jaerim's pov

"im home.." jaerim mumbled to herself as she closed the door behind her. she hung the now drenched umbrella from the coat rack behind the door. she looked at her empty apartment and sighed. the mess that she left this morning trying to get ready for school was looming in front of her and she felt a wave of dread, thinking about cleaning it up. 

yes, she was just a college student who shouldn't be living on her own. she was only turning 19 and was in her first year. she grew to be independent ever since she was in middle school. her parents often left her alone at home or with her grandmother for work meetings. they were well-off, with her parents both as their own head of departments in a university hospital. but with their success comes negligence of their own daughter. 

but she was fine with it. its been a few years since her parents kept doing this. she moved out in highschool after her grandmother passed away. it was still a very raw, open wound for her and she decided that having her own apartment closer to the college she was going to would be beneficial. of course, she did not expect the responsibilities that came with it. 

she plopped down at the dining table and looked over at the umbrella that was hanging on the door. 

"i should thank him again. do i even have his number?" she thought to herself while scrolling through her contact list. there, she found it. 'dance major hyunjin'. there was nothing wrong with the contact name but it was just, so, matter-of-fact. 

rimmie 

hey its jaerim here! 

thanks again for sending me back and for the umbrella! ill make it up to you.

seen

she looked wide-eyed at her phone. "did he just leave me on.. seen?" she scoffed to herself. she was thinking of a million ways to make his life a living hell during the time they have to work with each other but thought again. 

"this is psychotic behaviour im not risking my grades for this boy" she rolled her eyes and began to make a quick dinner for herself. 

-----------

hyunjin's pov

hyunjin was waiting for jeongin by the tables outside the store when he got a notification from jaerim. 

"rimmie. thats a weird username" he turned off his phone without replying her. he was someone who replied people. he rarely even texted. his phone was literally as dry as the sahara desert, which would be surprising given his looks. but the only few people he texted were his mother, jeongin and occasionally seungmin. though the seungmin preferred to call the boy whenever he wanted to say something. 

"hyung! lets go. im starving." jeongin skipped towards hyunjin after locking the store up. "are you craving anything specific?" hyunjin asked while holding the umbrella up for the two boys to use. 

"hmm what about something something soupy. the rain is insane and its so cold today" jeongin shivered, hugging his coat and school bag a little tighter. 

"sure" the two boys began talking about everything they could possibly talk about. they were incredibly close since they were kids. jeongin was like hyunjin's younger brother. not only were they cousins, they were also neighbours. jeongin's parents thought that living near family would be good, especially for the young boy. hyunjin never understood why until he grew a little older. 

they soon reached the bus stop. "hyung! your shirt is drenched! we should really get a bigger umbrella soon with all the rainy days ahead of us. 

"no the umbrella is fine. you're just so chubby you take up most of the umbrella" hyunjin rolled his eyes, attempting to wipe the parts of his shirt which were drenched with rainwater. "dude.. thats so mean" jeongin sulked. 

hyunjin loved teasing the younger boy. and no, jeongin was not chubby, nor was the umbrella too small. he just didn't want the younger boy to fall ill so he made sure that jeongin was fully under the umbrella. whats a little rain water anyways. 

---

author's note: hello lovelies~ im finally getting back into the rhythm of writing again and i seriously missed it. so sorry for the grammar and english mistakes. ill find the time to edit this story and also 'Sorry'. if you were from that book, thank you so much and stay tuned for more cheesy but also sad stories! <3  xx