♡ Chapter 12 ♡

A/n: Abbreviations in this chapter are (Y/n) - Your name

Wednesday, August 4, Junior year

(Y/n) read through the first entry of the journal for what felt like the thousandth time. They and Azari had devoted every waking moment that they weren't in school to trying to find the person who was stalking them. While in school, they paid extra attention to their classmates in order to try and decipher anything suspicious. So far, they had had no luck.

"Ugh!" (Y/n) groaned, "What, were they taking creative writing or some shit? It's like they were trying to be poetic while also trying to collect evidence against us."

"I know," Azari agreed, "I'm sure they would have had a horrible time trying to hand this over to the police, but it's still a major threat to us." (Y/n) nodded.

"Why couldn't Liam have been the only one? We already killed him, so if he had been the one writing the journal, we would have been done with this already!" They plopped onto the floor of Azari's room next to him. Suddenly, his eyes lit up again.

"Maybe we did already kill them," he suggested, "It's possible we eliminated them without even knowing it at the time." (Y/n) considered this for a moment, but then shook their head.

"I don't think so," they replied, "This journal has all of our kills up until Liam, and if we had already killed the person writing in it, they wouldn't have been able to record them."

"Maybe we sleep killed them?" Azari offered, "Then we wouldn't have even known about it and they wouldn't be able to record it because they would be dead." (Y/n) giggled.

"I don't think I've ever killed anyone in my sleep, but nice try." They replied.

"That's the thing! You wouldn't know," Azari told them, and they shook their head playfully before returning to their serious expression.

"Too bad looking through Liam didn't yield any results," They sighed, "We found the page, but by then it was way too destroyed to be useful. In hindsight, I probably should have seen that coming." Azari nodded.

"True, but at least we know this person doesn't have any real evidence, right?" He told them, "I mean, sure, they have a witness account that's written like a bad novel, but aside from that there's nothing to prove it."

"Except the photo," (Y/n) reminded, holding up the picture of Azari's cleaning supplies that they had found in between two of the pages.

"Right, but now we have it and they don't!" Azari exclaimed, "So really, they have nothing." (Y/n) shook their head.

"I doubt that. If you had something as big and important as evidence, wouldn't you make a copy of it?" They asked, earning a sigh from their boyfriend.

"Yeah, I guess I would..." He admitted in defeat. Suddenly, his eyes narrowed, and he looked slightly angry, pounding his fist on the floor. "That snake!" he exclaimed, "They're going to put us behind bars if it's the last thing they do, that's for sure." (Y/n), surprised at his angry outburst in contrast with his usual positive attitude, put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, I won't let them get us, okay?" They assured, "We'll find them and make them pay before they can even think of turning us in." When Azari's expression didn't change, they sighed and changed the topic. "Here, how about we read through the entries again and recount events? Maybe it will give us some information about who this snake could be." Finally, the auburn-haired boy nodded, sitting up and grabbing the journal.

"Alright," he cleared his throat, "So the first entry is when you killed Nari Kinlin in the bathroom."

"Right," (Y/n) replied, recalling the event.